BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm planning to install new Koni FSD's and Dinan springs, change rear brake rotors and pads and rear sway bar link. Shop quoted me 700$ for labor.
Does 700$ sounds ok for you guys?:dunno:
Could someone refer me to good shop in western suburbs?

Thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought Dinan springs and Koni's from Mike (mishkinm5)

Edva Motorsports gave me quote for 700$. My friend was fixing his 545 there couple months ago and wasn't very happy about their service. But I guess I'm going to give them a shot

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
they are out of business, their shop is closed
http://edvaracing.com/
Edva Motorsports, Inc is NO longer in service

company is terminated

sorry for any incovenience .

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's strange. I called them yesterday and they said I can come any time. :dunno:

Have you done anything wit them?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I was there once with my old 528i regarding a clutch job. Few weeks ago I was gonna take my m5 for the new clutch and when I heard they are not in business anymore I replaced it myself.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just give them a call and talk to them. I replaced my clutch there and they did a good job

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just give them a call and talk to them. I replaced my clutch there and they did a good job
I replaced it myself in my garage. Total cost - $260 :goldcup:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
If you can't find anything in the western burbs, check with ROMtech in Lake Bluff (on route 41). Ted does good work and will pop those puppies in for you. He's an honest guy who knows M5's well (he did work on MishkinM5's ride, as well as the rides of other board members, including both of mine).

Tell him I sent you. ;)

Dave

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, you should open shop in your garage, I could be your first costumer.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can't find anything in the western burbs, check with ROMtech in Lake Bluff (on route 41). Ted does good work and will pop those puppies in for you. He's an honest guy who knows M5's well (he did work on MishkinM5's ride, as well as the rides of other board members, including both of mine).

Tell him I sent you. ;)

Dave
Thanks. I sure will if it's not going to work with EdvaMotorsports

·
Registered
553 Posts
Try Chris at Arlington Performance. They are in Palatine, but I have had them do work on my 99 540i whem I dont feel like getting dirty. They also work on my stepdads 740iL. WE are fairly pleased. They do good work and stand behind it wit ha warranty on all the work. Their only downfall is sometimes they endup starting on your car a day later than they say. If you have alternate means of transportaiton its a non-issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts