BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the weather is making me sick..........:1zhelp:

question 1 my battery died, it is dead, has anyone replaced theirs recently, and if so where, what, how much???

question 2 I still have a lot of warranty left on my 03, could it be covered?

question 3 does anyone have a contact in the service dept of a Dealer, who could arrange for new mafs under warranty? I bought my car from downtown and am going to take there so they can look and hopefully fix a couple of issues I have (1) a belt whine 1 sec long at start up, and (2)what I believe is faulty cps sensor, upon cold starts a noticeable rumbled like my cats fell of no SES niticeable power loss, after 5 min of driving normal it goes away, power comes back We all know how dealers are they have to experience it first hand to even think about changing something I was hoping maybe someone has come across a owner friendly service adivsor/dealer

question 4 those of you who have changed to magnaflows....congrats....
they do not effect your warranty do they?
I would love to come by for a upclose listen and look
Also who did them for you and how much....do recommend your
installer?

Thanks alot in advance for you input...boy I am getting the itch to drive the beast BIG ITCH

THanks
Bob:byee55amg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dead battery

Hi bobM5:

On the assumption you have tried to recharge your battery with a battery charger or preferably a float charger, you're looking at about $200 to replace the battery. It's probably a 200AH 850A unit and should be readily available from Canadian Tire, and certainly available from a dealer.

A knowledgeable dealer service guy is Elie at Waterloo BMW in Waterloo (used to be BK Motors; 519 747 0269; www. BMWwaterloo.com). He's in charge of the service shop, really knows his stuff and could no doubt answer your questions about MAFs, Magnaflows etc.

As regards warranty, the in service date is the starting point, so if your vehicle was sold to the first owner after (say) March 31, 2004, you're likely under warranty UNLESS it's an American (US) vehicle, where you could have problems depending on the dealer's influence. The battery manufacturer (Exide?) could also prorate a warranty for you.

Hope this helps. Chris.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know two contacts at two dealers in and around Toronto.

1: Desmond Sie, who's at BMW Toronto, he's a good guy, has an E34 3.8 M5.

2: Tania Nour, at BMW Mississauga. My friend's wife.

You can tell either that Julian with the red E34 sent you. Although I don't know how much they can help you over just any service advisor. But hey maybe they can do something for you, I dunno.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....the in service date was late April 03 so my warranty expires on that date 2009

the battery is original, so i was wondering if the warranty covers it, i know it is improbable, but hey it is a $200 question....

As fro the mafs, i was wondering if any one has had them changed under warranty what were your symptoms, and was it a battle with the Dealer

I am interested in doing exhaust, I want Tubi but my wallet wants Magnaflows,
I know a few local m5ers have the MFs but does anyone have tubi, that might push me over the top

Also what about short shifter scenarios( 535i E60), anyone done them, info please

As for Des... I am speaking with him, seems like a very good guy, knowledgeable and comes highly recommended from the Sales rep who sold me the Beast.

Anyone else who can help with my questions I would appreciate the help....STILL VERY ITCHY

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else care to share their helpful insight, suggestions, experiences....... I would greatly appreciate it:biggrinbounce:

Thanks

BOB:Canada::greece:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wish I could be of more help - but the weather is getting nice so I hope we can all get an M5 cruise going on soon!! Just put the summer rims and tires on the other day as it was too nice - god help me if it dumps another foot of snow though lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I am in for a get together too...hopefulls sooner than later and hopefully some where central

ANYWAYS has anyone changed there battery recently and not used the dealer...I got quoted 333 plus taxes just for the battery or 315 plus taxes installed?

I am looking for an alternative...brand Model # $$

anyone?

THanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think bimmersport has OEM batteries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts