BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to ask about this topic but i have been searching for the last 3 hours and still cant find any answers.I just bought a 2000 m5 and i have the 4:3 screen and tape and i guess the mkII, i like the look of the widescreen so my question is can i upgrade to just the widesceen now and later look into getting mkIII or mkiv. Is the widescreen a plug and play in my car,will it work fine with the mkII nav.whats the diff beetween the mkII,mkIII,mkIV.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The screen is plug and play, yes. I'm running MKII with the widescreen and it's just fine. I had the MKII and MKIV before and they all worked perfectly regardless of order. The MKIII was a bit weird with the 4:3, though, since it wasnt designed to run on that screen.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yep, screen is plug and play.
Just remeber to skip your videomodule. If not, your 16:9 screen is going to show 4:3 because your video module is 4:3.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Some early Mk II Nav's won't sync with the wide screen display, if the part number sticker on the Mk II says the HW version is less than 20 then I think it will not sync. Otherwise plug and play, with the TV module caviat as posted by mailman.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Make sure you disconnect your battery before changing the screen. It is all plug and play. Also do not forget the trim piece that goes around the widescreen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts