BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on taking my car in (as early as Monday) for its 3rd round of dyno testing on Autowave's Dyno Dynamics dyno. Keeping in mind that this is a loading dyno as opposed to an inertia dyno (Dynojet) should I still be concerned about tire slippage if I'm currently shod with all-season tires (BS RE960AS'), or am I better off waiting for June when I change back over to max-performance summer tires? The RE960's definitely do not hook up like summer tires even in normal driving situations, which is making me think that I might be wasting time and money by doing it now. Or maybe I should be a guinea pig and forge ahead...

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
By the time you reach auto wave your tires should have warmed up...BS re960's are very good tires i think you don't need to worry of tire slippage...good luck!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
One thing to remember out the Dyno Dynamics dyno is that it can be very sensitive to differences in each car. If your tires are not in good condition, such as lilttle tread left or balding spots on the tire, this will throw the readings off a bit. The same can be said if there is a protruding nail in a tires. But if your all season tires are in good shape, you shouldn't be worried.

Just make sure that your tire pressure readings are consistant before your dyno runs.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing to remember out the Dyno Dynamics dyno is that it can be very sensitive to differences in each car. If your tires are not in good condition, such as lilttle tread left or balding spots on the tire, this will throw the readings off a bit. The same can be said if there is a protruding nail in a tires. But if your all season tires are in good shape, you shouldn't be worried.

Just make sure that your tire pressure readings are consistant before your dyno runs.
Thx for the info. All tires were at 36 lbs and the dyno runs went well. The tires have 2k miles on them so condition was not an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts