BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering getting new headlights for a while and finally had one of them quit on me but I want to be sure i'm getting a compatible part before ordering anything and i'm having trouble figuring out if some of the parts i'm finding will actually fit/function on my car. I have a 2006 M5 with the adaptive headlights. I have found a few for sale that would seem to fit for a pre-lci car but I don't know if some of them don't have the M5 listed as compatible because of the adaptive headlights. Will I be able to replace my lights with pretty much any pre-LCI E60 replacement part or will I have to get the adaptive headlight function coded out or anything else like that?

Here are some examples of lights I was looking at:

I am pretty suspicious of anything from ebay, so if any of y'all can point me to a good option that has worked for you it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been considering getting new headlights for a while and finally had one of them quit on me but I want to be sure i'm getting a compatible part before ordering anything and i'm having trouble figuring out if some of the parts i'm finding will actually fit/function on my car. I have a 2006 M5 with the adaptive headlights. I have found a few for sale that would seem to fit for a pre-lci car but I don't know if some of them don't have the M5 listed as compatible because of the adaptive headlights. Will I be able to replace my lights with pretty much any pre-LCI E60 replacement part or will I have to get the adaptive headlight function coded out or anything else like that?

Here are some examples of lights I was looking at:

I am pretty suspicious of anything from ebay, so if any of y'all can point me to a good option that has worked for you it would be much appreciated.
I talked to this guy, he swears they fit. I really liked them with the exception of the corner signals, I dont like the way they look to me. So I ended up going a different route and getting ones off of a non M5 that are Adaptive but was retrofitted on FB Marketplace from a local guy.

Best places I found that can help you with answering all your questions and even doing whatever you want like etching, deamon eyes, halos, etc.. here they are:

ZWorks
Rush Customs

Both places, you can ship your headlights, get then retrofitted with exactly how you want it and then they will ship it back to you.

Last pic was the donor car out of a 2007 pre-lci

Good Luck!
received_2516324481932517.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the advice. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll end up with headlight level errors - none of the aftermarket headlights, to my knowledge, adjust the beam hight based on the control arm sensors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Got them on. They work well, I do get the adaptive headlight error but I'm not too bothered.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with the depo headlights from USR. Even though it was out of stock, the company fit the harness so I could use it on my M5 once I contacted them. I replaced the H7 halogen with LEDs. Happy with it so far and I just need to educate myself to code it so my high beam would work. I also noticed that the headlight beams are too low to my liking, so I'll be adjusting them.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts