BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know which springs I need to get if I was going to put the JRZ shocks on my car?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
madyspop said:
I need to know which springs I need to get if I was going to put the JRZ shocks on my car?
It was my understanding that JRZ for E39 is a kit primarily sold thru Dinan with their OEM-ish design springs. This setup does not allow for ride height adjustments, since they use factory BMW perches and BMW-like 6" diameter springs in front.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
You can also get them thru The Racer's Group for your M5 and custom springs to your liking.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
You can also get them thru The Racer's Group for your M5 and custom springs to your liking.
Super, Jimmy.

Are the custom springs 2.5" (or similar) coil-over seat design or are they oddball OEM configuration? Can you tell me if anyone offers adjustable coil-over hardware to fit them?

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Lscman said:
Super, Jimmy.

Are the custom springs 2.5" (or similar) coil-over seat design or are they oddball OEM configuration? Can you tell me if anyone offers adjustable coil-over hardware to fit them?
They make their own springs,so you can have it your way.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
They make their own springs,so you can have it your way.
JRZ springs....fine. I was asking if anyone makes or offers a coil-over kit to fit JRZ E39 dampers.

This has little to do with springs.....it involves adjustable collars and perches.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Lscman said:
JRZ springs....fine. I was asking if anyone makes or offers a coil-over kit to fit JRZ E39 dampers.

This has little to do with springs.....it involves adjustable collars and perches.
Like I said 2x before,call The Racer's Group.But make sure you tell them,"This has little to do with springs.....it involves adjustable collars and perches.";)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
Like I said 2x before,call The Racer's Group.But make sure you tell them,"This has little to do with springs.....it involves adjustable collars and perches.";)
Jimmy,

I am not interested in a set for myself. I was hoping you'd share tech info with forum members, within this thread. Telling us to call (2x) is not so insightful.

Do they offer a complete coil-over system with JRZ dampers?

My point was that Dinan sells JRZ with various springs, but the system is not a coil-over setup.

·
Registered
132 Posts
LSCMAN,

Did you check out the website that Jimmy suggested? That has info on what they offer (www.theracersgroup.com).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts