BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one, im thinking to get a new exhaust instead of running the stock exhaust, and i was thinking to get F1 exhaust but too expensive. can any one give me some adivce which exhaust has better sound other than F1 exhaust? or any vid also works. thank you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Agree had an EISENMANN for a couple of years on my M6 Convertible, good balance between noise on the move and quiet round town/neighbours place! Peter

·
Registered
750 Posts
Agree had an EISENMANN for a couple of years on my M6 Convertible, good balance between noise on the move and quiet round town/neighbours place! Peter
You must have had Eisenmann Sport then!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Peter, whereabouts are you based? Would like to hear the Eisenmann Sport.

Jonnybravo that 612 looks fantastic in your signature. What do you think of the new FF?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey Peter, whereabouts are you based? Would like to hear the Eisenmann Sport.

Jonnybravo that 612 looks fantastic in your signature. What do you think of the new FF?
I was only guessing Peter had E-Sport as he mentioned how it was quiet around town lol as E-Race is far from quiet around town - unless you learn how to balance the throttle to the point where the car is at its "most" quiet - should be between 2,500 and 3,000rpm (at least thats what it is for me).

Thanks for your comment re: the 612 - don't want to go OT but it is a magnificent machine and powerful as heck (less power than my M6 is making with my mods but pulls much harder at lower speeds). FF should be interesting - 3-door 4x4 with 650-ish hp will wait to see what Clarkson has to say about it. ;)

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Meisterschaft GT2 sounds the best to me personally. Tubi sounds great, but not loud enough for my taste. RPI for the best performance.

Here is a clip but doesn't do my car justice. You would have to hear it in person to appreciate the sound.

·
8,369 Posts
Which exhaust?

It all boils down to what sound are you after?
What sounds good to you?
What brings smiles to your face everytime you hear it?

There are many available exhausts out there for our M6 so it becomes a personal decision.

I have the Tubi Rumore and extremely happy with mine.

Here are some video clips.

On this video, my beast is the 2nd one to take off from the parking lot.
Tubi exhaust acceleration.

Here's what Tubi sounds like inside the cabin.
No drone whatsoever at any RPM.

Here's when it was first installed. Revving on idle.

And here's is what it sounds like after 1 year break in period.

Listen to a few exhaust out there from different makers, then make an informed decision on what will make you happy.

One important note is DRONE. I hate DRONE. Drone will drive anyone crazy on long drives.
So I recommend you go with an exhaust system that has no drone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi, yes good assumption it was the Sport and I am very happy with my choice at the time - there was a "race" option but even the sales guy reconned this would not pass an MOT based on a "reasonable" test. Regards, Peter

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If you want the best and have a good ear for sound, then get the Tubi Rumoré Exhaust. Otherwise, any lesser exhaust will do just fine and still sound impressive to those with less discriminating tastes... good enough for those that do not strive to achieve the best for their Beasts.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
If you want the best and have a good ear for sound, then get the Tubi Rumoré Exhaust. Otherwise, any lesser exhaust will do just fine and still sound impressive to those with less discriminating tastes... good enough for those that do not strive to achieve the best for their Beasts.
lol as much as I agree with you on here Mr Ajax, I must dis-agree with your post :) I have heard them both in person and I still feel like the Meisterschaft has any exhaust beat on the V10 sound of the beast. I know people hate it for many reasons, but I still think it has the best note. Not knocking Tubi...it is great also, just not quite there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
No problem, we live in a free country, and anyone has the right to express their (incorrect) opinion.
:1:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I say TUBI the best F1 sound ever .

·
8,369 Posts
Always remember - "Different strokes for different folks"

Always go with whatever makes you happy.

Greatest thing living in America - we have plenty of Options and we all dont have to have the same thing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any Pros or Cons on Dinans?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Greatest thing living in America - we have plenty of Options and we all dont have to have the same thing.
So true! Fortunately, Ajax's opinions are always guaranteed to be 100% unbiased or the price paid for them will be cheerfully refunded.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts