BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a BMW Driving school yesterday. One of the instructors is a professional racing driver who also instructs for Porsche. I asked him about the pZeros, and he was very negative, not because of the roadholding, but because of a high defect rate. He said porsche no longer used them for track courses because of the large number of "square tires" in each batch.
Has anyone heard this about Pirelli?.( I had not heard this before, but the instructor was very credible , so thought I would follow up).

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
I've run Pzeros (Rosso & Nero) on both my WRX & Porsche, but no issues with square tires. They are very soft compound though and tend to form a major flat spot when the car is left standing when the tires are hot. They take a few miles to heat up and regain roundness.

On track I personally don't like the Pzeros as they overheat quite quickly compared to Michelin Sports. On the street they are great though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
kees said:
I've run Pzeros (Rosso & Nero) on both my WRX & Porsche, but no issues with square tires. They are very soft compound though and tend to form a major flat spot when the car is left standing when the tires are hot. They take a few miles to heat up and regain roundness.

On track I personally don't like the Pzeros as they overheat quite quickly compared to Michelin Sports. On the street they are great though.
Absolutely correct, I've them installed on my M5, and I will mount another "Brand" in the Future. I heard the Michelin Sport Cup will be soon available in the correct dimensions, so I know which tyres to take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts