BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not like Volvos and I do not like SUV, but this was just pure fun. 650 HP, and look at the Elk (common sight in Sweden) :7: Would be fun if they built it!

Once you get past the XC90 PUV's aggressive stance and fully customized body enhancements, a true beast lurks within. Still a work in progress, the XC90 PUV is slated to eventually achieve a whopping 650 horsepower through the use of a massive supercharger, revised engine mapping and low restriction exhaust. That power is routed through a modified version of Volvo's Haldex electronically controlled all-wheel-drive system. The system is "pre-charged" meaning that power may be instantly routed to the wheel with the most traction. A new 6-speed automatic "Geartonic" transmission rounds out the driveline.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="490"> <tbody><tr><td class="VI-Heading2">Exotic Car Styling in an SUV</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="VI-BodyTextFirst">Riding a full two inches lower than a production XC90, the PUV's extraordinary styling is highlighted by it racy red paint scheme. With a nod to the super cars of Italy, the XC90 PUV sits squarely on its 9-inch wide ultra high-performance alloy wheels. The Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico tires are 275/40-ZR20s front and rear.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="VI-BodyText">
Up front is an ultra deep front airdam with a wide-mouth opening that helps to channel cool air into the engine compartment and the supercharger's intercooler. Fared into the front fascia are small, high intensity foglamps. Air slips smoothly around the PUV's front end and over the ultra-wide, custom fabricated wheel arches. Deep cuts at the rear of the side sills direct air around the tires to the 13-inch floating rear brakes, shod with 4-piston calipers. Brake duty up front is handled by 15-inch floating discs with 8-piston calipers.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="VI-BodyText">
Around back, the rear valance smoothly integrates the custom fabricated quad exhaust tips. Tinted windows, tail lamps and head lamps and body color rearview mirrors round out the cosmetic touches to the XC90 PUV.
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Could Volvo be trying to get back in the race? I think it looks pretty cool. 650-hp would be pretty nice. Good for those Snow Days. :noSMG:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Haha they should have made the elk prance! hiha

But those wheels, they sure look like Breyton Visions hmmm

Anyway, would still prefer the X5 LeMans.

Niclas

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gustav said:
I do not like Volvos and I do not like SUV, but this was just pure fun. 650 HP, and look at the Elk (common sight in Sweden) :7: Would be fun if they built it!

Absolutely fun, love the elk!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Volvos californian tuner Evolve did that one, plus a 340 bhp V50 and a really cool looking S40 aswell. Personally i think the XC90 on these pics is just plain bitching to be honest, i want one, although i hate SUV's.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
WOW!

Almost as powerful as a 'standard' Koenigsegg?
Now I love the XC90.
I wonder how it drives compared to the Gemballa Cayenne GT700

1 - 11 of 11 Posts