BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I do not like Volvos and I do not like SUV, but this was just pure fun. 650 HP, and look at the Elk (common sight in Sweden) :7: Would be fun if they built it!

Once you get past the XC90 PUV's aggressive stance and fully customized body enhancements, a true beast lurks within. Still a work in progress, the XC90 PUV is slated to eventually achieve a whopping 650 horsepower through the use of a massive supercharger, revised engine mapping and low restriction exhaust. That power is routed through a modified version of Volvo's Haldex electronically controlled all-wheel-drive system. The system is "pre-charged" meaning that power may be instantly routed to the wheel with the most traction. A new 6-speed automatic "Geartonic" transmission rounds out the driveline.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="490"> <tbody><tr><td class="VI-Heading2">Exotic Car Styling in an SUV</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="VI-BodyTextFirst">Riding a full two inches lower than a production XC90, the PUV's extraordinary styling is highlighted by it racy red paint scheme. With a nod to the super cars of Italy, the XC90 PUV sits squarely on its 9-inch wide ultra high-performance alloy wheels. The Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico tires are 275/40-ZR20s front and rear.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="VI-BodyText">
Up front is an ultra deep front airdam with a wide-mouth opening that helps to channel cool air into the engine compartment and the supercharger's intercooler. Fared into the front fascia are small, high intensity foglamps. Air slips smoothly around the PUV's front end and over the ultra-wide, custom fabricated wheel arches. Deep cuts at the rear of the side sills direct air around the tires to the 13-inch floating rear brakes, shod with 4-piston calipers. Brake duty up front is handled by 15-inch floating discs with 8-piston calipers.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="VI-BodyText">
Around back, the rear valance smoothly integrates the custom fabricated quad exhaust tips. Tinted windows, tail lamps and head lamps and body color rearview mirrors round out the cosmetic touches to the XC90 PUV.
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
118 Posts
Haha they should have made the elk prance! hiha

But those wheels, they sure look like Breyton Visions hmmm

Anyway, would still prefer the X5 LeMans.

Niclas

·
Registered
330 Posts
I saw this at SEMA . I took pics will post some soon. It was in Ford's massive display area. Not in a very good spot, lots of people just walked by it not noticing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That does look sweet. Incredible picture quality. Perfect lighting....BBK standard, nice...Good lines for a PUV....Add some coil overs for track day and you're all set to go.

Still 650HP in a PUV Volvo does seem contradictory to the philosophy of safety:3:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Looks quite nice but probably won't ever make it to production, just like the X5 Le Mans.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice! I like the imitation Ferrari shields, but they would be a bit tacky on a production model. I don't see fender flares like that going into production, either. Too rough, too boxy.

I think the important thing is that IMHO, it looks much better than either the Cayenne or Touraeg. But certainly no better looking that the X5 4.8Is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gustav! That critter isn't an elk (at least in North America)! It's a moose! Anywho, I agree with you, the car would be a hoot. hiha hiha

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I cant take that car seriously...but it is oddly cool.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moose, elk, whats the difference?

M5_in_MD said:
Gustav! That critter isn't an elk (at least in North America)! It's a moose! Anywho, I agree with you, the car would be a hoot. hiha hiha

·
Registered
118 Posts
I always thought that moose and elk are the same but guess not. Moose= Alces alces, älg in swedish, Elk= Cervus elaphus, kronhjort in swedish. I guess you learn something new every day. :1:

Niclas

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hmm.... Am I the only one who sees a resemblance to a number of other cars already on the market...this thing looks like a BMW X5 mated with a Dodge Durango. Hideous!

The bigger question is, what's the point?

I've always believed that just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD...in this case, truer words have never been spoken.
:byee55amg

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Not that bad looking but needs wider tires.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The XC90 wheels is funky bolt pattern. Its same as Bentley however offsets different, in order to run those Breytons they must of had to bought blanks and drilled them out to best of my knowledge as doing wheels on XC90 is difficult and choices is very very limited. Volvos have always been known for very limited aftermarket wheel choices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts