BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 01 M5 two weeks ago and today I thought I would jack the car up and remove the wheels to replace all four tires. I see the jacking pads in back of the front wheel and in front of the rear, but once the jack is on that pad, how do you put a jack stand there as it looks like the only place a stand can go? Maybe under the lower control arms in the rear but even that doesn;t look too good. Any help surely appreciated

·
Registered
962 Posts
Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
624 Posts
searchsearchsearch!

Front has a center jacking point
Rear is jacked up by the center differential, at the finned cooling area. Dont leave it hanging on the center differential.

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,704 Posts
I have been wondering how safe of a jack point that is. so the fins are strong enough to temporarily support the weight of half the car?
Yup, I usually use a block of wood to make it softer for the diff though. But it is perfectly safe, just throw jack stands under the rear jack pads.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I have been wondering how safe of a jack point that is. so the fins are strong enough to temporarily support the weight of half the car?
Yup, I usually use a block of wood to make it softer for the diff though. But it is perfectly safe, just throw jack stands under the rear jack pads.
Correct. Lots of members have used this method for years now with zero issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts