BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On dynojet in 91 degrees she put down 335hp and 330tq.

The car is 100% stock, with 107,XXX miles on it. Are these normal numbers? They seem a little high?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Sounds about right, bro. Post the graph. That's a better indicator of a healthy beast than a maximum value. ;)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
BTW, car looking great!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Reactions: mailman

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like the car is healthy :) It's looking really nice with the drop and rims. And the recent pics of the interior mods leave very little to be desired also... Now I want to swap to an AW... damn you!

All in all 10/10!

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
Numbers are good, but don't get too hung up on absolute numbers. Even after adjustments, there is going to be some variation from dyno to dyno.
Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Like others say, numbers look strong. My car is pretty strong and I dyno'd at 344hp , 340 tq with my mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thinking I about it some more I seem to remember dynojets report a little high compared to dyno dynamics.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
looks like good numbers to me. I dyno'd at 333 wtq, 340 whp, almost stock so you're doing fine! Nice looking Beast!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds about right, bro. Post the graph. That's a better indicator of a healthy beast than a maximum value. ;)
All I have is these bad iphone photos. Sorry!
Oh and the 3 first runs we forgot to pull the DSC fuses 17 and 30. So the car would only rev to 5600rpm, explaining why it only made in 320s range. But then we pulled the fuses and bam! 7000rpm and 335hp!

91 deg :eek: I need to move south...
Tell me about it.

Sounds like the car is healthy :) It's looking really nice with the drop and rims. And the recent pics of the interior mods leave very little to be desired also... Now I want to swap to an AW... damn you!

All in all 10/10!
Thanks man! :biggrin:

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Like others say, numbers look strong. My car is pretty strong and I dyno'd at 344hp , 340 tq with my mods.
I think that's almost exactly the same as what I got when I dyno'ed her a while back. I seem to recall getting 345rwhp back then.

Reactions: olis1

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I might be missing something here but aren't Dyno numbers extremely subjective?

I have never Dyno'd a car, but since 1992 (first race bike) I have Dyno'd all 13 of my race bikes, not just to know the hp/tq but as part of tuning process on carb'ed and 2-stroke bikes. Almost every Dyno I have used, the numbers varyied by quiet a bit depending on the weather and several other factors. I have dynoed 3 different same year/engine size (stock) Suzuki GSXrs and they were a good 5% off in hp numbers on the same day (same hour).
The above variation was on machines with between 110-140 hp.

Given the high output of the S62 engine I would think that the numbers would be a lot more "off" even if they were off by 3%-5%.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts