BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I am looking to purchase an e34 m5 to begin an m collection. I found a mugello red 93 with 18000 miles in prime condition. The asking price is $27,000. What do you think/would you recommend as far as pricing goes? I am a newbie to the e34s!!:confused:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hard to say, but I recall there was a previous thead with a M5 with only 90kms going close to $40k, if I recall correctly. I think due to the scarcity of such low mileage M5s, it would be hard to pull the price down signigicantly. But I would try bidding at $20k. Good luck.

PS - Why not go for a Porsche 993? Prices are at that level and having the E60, you'll have the best of both worlds!

Paul

Reactions: maxmann55

·
Registered
595 Posts
For that price you can get a '95 six speed with 80k miles :)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
A -mugello read - 93 ? > that is interesting indeed ! Is that a 93 US 3.6 or an ECE 93 3.8 ???
what are the last figures of the VIN = GD?????
-
If not the real thing it could be a "20 Years BMW Motorsport"-anniversary edition = 'look-a-like' car.
Some of these are actually US-model-cars and thus E34 M5 3.6.
brgds
Karl

·
10,456 Posts
i'd assume you're buying it to be a garage queen? If you buy an 18k mile car and add significantly to the milage, the value will end up dropping to that of a "typical" US spec M5, which is around half that value. For that kind of money, it has to be perfect, and even then i'd probably go in a few k less than that asking. This car has been on the market for quite a while, right?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I seem to be reluctant to consider more than $25k for any older M5, no matter what condition. For $30k, I'd rather buy a 993.

On the other hand, finding one in "prime" condition isn't easy. There aren't many of them left. If this one makes your heart jump and passes a PPI with flying colors, it's worth considering. Life is short and an E34 M5 in prime condition is spectacular.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'd assume you're buying it to be a garage queen? If you buy an 18k mile car and add significantly to the milage, the value will end up dropping to that of a "typical" US spec M5, which is around half that value. For that kind of money, it has to be perfect, and even then i'd probably go in a few k less than that asking. This car has been on the market for quite a while, right?
Yes It has been on the market for a while due to buyers' interest in actually putting mileage on the car, not having a garage queen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gerg, thank you for sharing your 95. It is a real beauty and I hope it goes to a good home. However, I am interested in finding a very low mileage (US SPEC)example to store away and potentially only to bring out on special occasions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Reality!

I predict that in 15-20 years these e34 m5's will start to be recognized by collectors worldwide. The sedan established a benchmark for performance in the "super sedan" segment starting with the e28. As you know there are not many E34's kicking around anymore; they are far and few between. Come 2025ish! haha, these Ms will be mighty rare and awfully desirable.mmmmmm. Just wait my friends, patience is a virtue. "for those of you who can't wait, drive the heck out of them!":wroom:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
In 2025 a gallon of gas in the US will be around US $ 30. Will you able to put any into your E34 is more to the point!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts