BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to purchase 4 new tires for my car. As of now, my choices are the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and the BFGoodrich G-force T/A KD. Any suggestions? What were the original wheels for the M5?

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another Question:

The recommended size is 235/45. Obviously I should go with this size, but the newer M5's have 345/35 if I am correct. Can my car fit this size or I should stick with the original size?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The 17" wheels were either 235/45 Z17 all round, or had optional 255/40 Z17 on the rear for the optional wider rear wheels.

The 18" wheels came with 245/40 Z18 tyres all round!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
unespekta said:
Another Question:

The recommended size is 235/45. Obviously I should go with this size, but the newer M5's have 345/35 if I am correct. Can my car fit this size or I should stick with the original size?
BMW ( Woods, Bournemouth ) say to stick to the original sizes as the suspension is set up to those sizes.

I use Continental Contact Sports 2 which are great for everyday and give a good balance with dry/wet grip. I just changed them and the car is handling exactly as predicted , understeer at the limit which you can counter with a bit of throttle.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts