BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased an EVO pulley kit and am now having second thoughts about installing. Any regrets out there?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hello, I purchased an EVO pulley kit and am now having second thoughts about installing. Any regrets out there?
I have Dinan pulley , and I have no regret at all. It actully helps in low to mid range torque. I think. But i do regret getting Dinan rear diff.:flag:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
What's giving you second thoughts? I have the RPI pulley and you could definitely feel the difference.

·
Registered
932 Posts
+1

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm hesitant to get a pulley after having had alternator issues and having to replace the alternator. The kind were all systems begin to fail in order like Apollo 13.
My worry is that I don't want to mess with the delicate power of the beast.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'm hesitant to get a pulley after having had alternator issues and having to replace the alternator. The kind were all systems begin to fail in order like Apollo 13.
My worry is that I don't want to mess with the delicate power of the beast.
I wouldn't want to mess with that either. I cannot believe people are putting tunes on these cars...the car is what it is, and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I wouldn't want to mess with that either. I cannot believe people are putting tunes on these cars...the car is what it is, and I'm happy with it.
:)

I kind of see it like overclocking computers. The manufacturers ship it where most people will be comfortable, where it is cost effective for them, and where they will have the least amount of warranty issues while still delivering a quality competitive product. The result is a nice buffer zone where there's still room for tuners to improve the product (without the manufacturer's blessing of course). The question is how far will you go and how comfortable are you? Thanks to EuroCarFan, my threshold of comfort (or maybe it's pain) has increased and I'm enjoying all the positives thus far. But it's definitely not for everyone.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've had my EvoSport pulley for 4 years. No issues

Reactions: KILLZBUGZ

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
No issues with mine either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have evosport pulleys (most of them) and they added exactly zero horsepower. I still haven't received my power steering pulley after three months of waiting and they don't answer phone calls or emails. Worst company I have ever dealt with as a BMW owner.

·
Registered
932 Posts
rear diff

do you want to exchange your stock rear diff with my Dinan Rear diff? anyhow, no matter how many time i take it back to get the wine noise fix, i still have wine at 70mph. First time, alot of wine in different rpm range. second time, put in an additive, that they say it will quite the wine, but no fix, third time, change the rear diff, wine nosiy is almost gone 95% gone, but to my ear there is still that wine sound at only at 70mph. So my conclusion is, there is a chance you might get the wine and the car that cost almost 100k new, shouldnt have any wine at all.:crying:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
No issues with my underdrive pulley 2 and a bit years on, no battrey, alternator or electrical problems what-so-ever.

Now living in a relatively hot climate which did give concerns before the car got here and even though we have been though one of the dryest-hottest summers with temps between 35-45*C no high temps have been observed on the gauge.

Didn't feel a big differnce and that goes for the filters, scoops, block off plates, exhaust etc (for the first 100miles I thought it felt perkier but then with each of these modes seemed to revert back to standard and I think it has to do with adaption of either the car or me lol!), only thing that made a big difference that stayed was the DMS tune which changed the driverbility for the better even if it didn't make much differnce to peak power, the gains are in the lower gears and at mid point rpms.

Regards

Jay

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I have had the RPI pulleys for quite a while now. They did free up a bit of torque, it was felt by the buttometer.

The car does drive a bit warmer, but I also have the RPI oil cooler, so no worries there. Even with stock oil cooler, it is not an issue.

The only drawback I have felt is that the steering wheels a bit heavier. But I like it that way as it has become more precise. The air conditionaing works just fine even in the desert where temps can go upto 55C in the summers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Hasan,

what temps do you see during the summer. does the needle guage ever got to 112.5c i.e. halfway to the right of the 100c mark between it and the next line? Has the rpi cooler made a big difference for you?

Thanks,

Khaled

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hi Hasan,

what temps do you see during the summer. does the needle guage ever got to 112.5c i.e. halfway to the right of the 100c mark between it and the next line? Has the rpi cooler made a big difference for you?

Thanks,

Khaled
Hi Khaled

It really depends on how you drive. For me, the temp needle generally goes upto 125C on city roads. On the track it goes upto 150C.

The RPI oil coller is an excellent product. Top quality. However, we have to remember that it does not stop the oil temp from going above 100C. Neither does the OEM oil coller. The oil cooler starts functioning when the oil temp goes above 110C, not sure about the threshhold. What RPI oil cooler does for you, is that it cools the oil much quicker and it is almost impossible to overheat your car even on track days during summer.

Regards
Hasan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.