BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. alot of the NorCal guys know me as the owner of Valley Motorwerks. I've had a smoldering desire for an M5 for some time now, well I scratched the itch and placed a deposit on a car today.

Lothar's car was in the shop last week and everytime the guys would fire it up I would get a chill down my spine. I've known Lothar (Nate) since 2004 or so when we both had 330ZHP coupes. A lot of things have happened since then and I have burned through a huge number of BMW's as Steve Ferrario and Nate can attest to. :) On top of that Steve has had the modding itch lately and we're working together on his ride which has my mind going too. Nate's car in the shop put me over the edge.

I have a 550plus HP S/C'd M3 and an X5 for daily driving. My situation has changed and I no longer need the X5 so it is going away. As much as I like the M3 I will miss the grumble and roar of the V8 and 4 doors in the X5. Enter the M5 - I had specific wants, low mileage being one of them. For some reason no one bought the gorgeous AW car in the "for sale" section. I think it was waiting for me, the timing could not have been better.

It will be a few weeks before I can fly out and drive it back, meanwhile the current owner is going to find a good quality clear bra installer so I can drive it back safely. As I said to Steve in an email, the M5 suits me perfectly.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Congrats and good to know that the low mileage AW beauty is going to a good home!

·
Registered
832 Posts
You WILL have a V8, 4 door, it will just be lower than the X5.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Congrats Walter, I'm glad my money was the last of the cash you needed to make your deposit ouich

As I told you the other day, I honestly think this will be the one car that lives up to its hype. Assuming one can handle the upkeep (and with your shop and tools, that should be a piece of cake) this is as close to a perfect car as I've ever owned. As my wife can attest to, the 11 cars I've had in the last 9 years is a testament to how easily I would get frustrated with a car and get rid of it.

That Alpine White is a beautiful car and looks to be very well maintained. Let me know when you get back, I want to come by and see it.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Welcome!

So glad to hear you picked up an AW E39 M5. Great color. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for it. :cheers:

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Walter, I'm glad my money was the last of the cash you needed to make your deposit ouich

As I told you the other day, I honestly think this will be the one car that lives up to its hype. Assuming one can handle the upkeep (and with your shop and tools, that should be a piece of cake) this is as close to a perfect car as I've ever owned. As my wife can attest to, the 11 cars I've had in the last 9 years is a testament to how easily I would get frustrated with a car and get rid of it.

That Alpine White is a beautiful car and looks to be very well maintained. Let me know when you get back, I want to come by and see it.

Hahaha yeah you put me over the top! I have to sell a car to make this happen, goodbye X5. :( I wish I could keep them all but there's this thing called fiscal reality. 11 cars in 9 years, yeah so you understand my mental state. I am hoping that the M5 will be the Ultimate Driving Machine for me. My M3 is brilliant but I need an "adult" car.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Wow! I remember you from the good ol' E46 Fanatics days! Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Congrats on the alpine white m5..
my m5 is by far my most favorite car I've owned..
I've got to come by and check out ur m5 sometime I'm about 9 minutes from rancho
I love those alpine whites!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Congrats on the alpine white m5..
my m5 is by far my most favorite car I've owned..
I've got to come by and check out ur m5 sometime I'm about 9 minutes from rancho
I love those alpine whites!

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'll be flying out Thursday afternoon to get the car. I'll leave PA about 10 am or so. My friend is flying in to Cleveland where I'll be in 5 hours if all goes well. After that it's highway 80 in 10 hour sections. Des Moines, Cheyenne, etc etc I'll start a thread and chronicle the adventure

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'll be flying out Thrusday afternoon to get the car. I'll leave PA about 10 am or so. My friend is flying in to Cleveland where I'll be in 5 hours if all goes well. After that it's highway 80 in 10 hour sections. Des Moines, Cheyenne, etc etc I'll start a thread and chronicle the adventure
If you're going to be passing through Cleveland on Friday, perhaps we can meet for a late lunch/coffee... Looks like the weather will be clear, and I'm always looking for a "reason" to get out the beast :)

-crds

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.