BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I posted here after my accident. I surely miss my M6 a lot! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
After few busy months I finally made my choice and went with 2012 CLS63. Oh boy do I love it now. This is a beast with fuel economy of a civic!!!! It is not a myth it is 100% true. This car will eat almost anything out there while giving 25 to 30 MPG. I try my best to make it do anything less than 18 MPG and I cant! On eco mode it turns off the engine at red light and keeps some extra things in control to save gas but as an aggressive driver I can't tell the difference between Sport+ or Comfort mode. It drives smooth at all RPM curve and delivers insane sound. I come from eisenmann sport exhaust but this stock does not shy at all. I think I will just keep it stock.<o:p></o:p>
I test drove the new M6 convertible and it just did not connect with me. I surely missed my v10 right away. <o:p></o:p>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Congratulations on the new Merc! :cheers:

Is yours the 518 HP / 518 TQ or the 550 HP / 592 TQ performance model?

How would you compare and contrast it to your old E63 M6?

-b.

It has been a while since I posted here after my accident. I surely miss my M6 a lot! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
After few busy months I finally made my choice and went with 2012 CLS63. Oh boy do I love it now. This is a beast with fuel economy of a civic!!!! It is not a myth it is 100% true. This car will eat almost anything out there while giving 25 to 30 MPG. I try my best to make it do anything less than 18 MPG and I cant! On eco mode it turns off the engine at red light and keeps some extra things in control to save gas but as an aggressive driver I can't tell the difference between Sport+ or Comfort mode. It drives smooth at all RPM curve and delivers insane sound. I come from eisenmann sport exhaust but this stock does not shy at all. I think I will just keep it stock.<o:p></o:p>
I test drove the new M6 convertible and it just did not connect with me. I surely missed my v10 right away. <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
655 Posts
Look at that interior! Congratulations, the new CLS is, in my opinion, the best looking four door car on the road. I just saw my first 63 AMG last week.

I believe the Performance Package adds a steering wheels with alcantera trim. I test drove a 13 E63 last week with the PP. Really loved the steering wheel and the active seats with ventilation were very nice.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Damn that thing looks nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
This will probably be my next car as well. This or the new M6 gran coupe...we will see. The renntech package that puts it at 669 HP is pretty impressive though for only a tune!! Looks great also :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the 518HP model just because HP is raised by software tune and if I were to do it I would simply spend $3500 to get renntech tune which would bump me on stock turbos to 669HP. To be honest I would not change a thing on it. Power delivery is so smooth and instant that I don't think I will ever need more. M6 is an amazing car but I can't compare those since they are so different. If I wanted to have fun driving day then I would get M6 but for everyday driving this car makes it easy specially with all the driver assists it has. I love the fact that car will save you incase traffic comes to complete stop (I already tested this one and it works).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
very nice indeed!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wow very good choice for a post m6 car! Its an incredibly beautiful Mercedes, one of my favorites. I'm kind of curious about your test drive of the new m6 also, what was the reason you didn't like about the way it drove? I personally am not a fan of it either, but I have not driven it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congratulations its a beautiful car. My brother has this car and the best mod if you wanna turn up the sound is get rid of the resonators, thats all you need for the exhaust ever. The tone is insane and its sounds amazing that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts