BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night the wife and I are coming home late and I can see its either a cop or a taxi about 10cars behind me in the next lane. Its a 45zone so im driving around 40mph and have the car in 3rd so its not as loud. So eventually the car speeds up next to me and sure enough its a cop. Once he's parallel to me he slows down and pulls me over. He comes up and says the reason why I pulled you over is b/c your windows are tinted. So I say "actually this is how it comes from the factory. Its the dark addition M6." He just gets this puzzled look on his face and says "oh ok." So then he starts asking if we have been drinking,etc... His main concern was clearly to see if I was drinking so he was just looking for a reason to stop me. He runs my license and then just hands it back and says Ok have a good night. Im just cracking up on the way home thinking how did I pull "dark addition" out of my *** like that on the spot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hahaha most cops are such manipulative tools. They'll try to stop you for any reason they can and if you say anything with a confident & serious tone, they'll buy into it.

Maybe "black edition" would be more convincing but I can't believe he fell for "dark addition" hiha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha, great argumentation!

Yesterday two cops gave me thumbs up at the red light. Wasnt looking to my left side first coz I knew there was a police bus but just had to look and there both of them was smiling, or drooling combined, resulting with my strange looking type of smiling back at them, followed by two entusiastic thumbs up with even bigger smileys on their faces, ending with me giving thumbs up back at them haha, loved it!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahaha im laughing really good right now cus that reminds me of a few good story's iv had. How dark are you tints?
The back window and two rear sides are almost limo I think one step ligher. And the driver and passenger side are one step lighter than that. I forgot the %. It was night also so im sure that helped as things appear darker. I attached a pic of what it would look like in a night setting on the road I was on. What was annoying is how there was at least 5 other cars on the road yet he profiles me b/c of my car.

Im just glad he didnt tell me he pulled me over b/c its too loud and stinks b/c then I would have to explain how the dark addition comes with no cats and an exhaust ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
HAHAHA Awesome ouich wonder what the both of you would have said next if he asked you to open your doors!!

Reactions: built240

·
Registered
226 Posts
i got 5 percent all around and 35 percent on the windshield and i haven't been hassled yet (knock on wood). other than that my car is stock

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hahaha, great story. I got stopped the first day I bought my car. I was driving it home from the next state, and it was late at night; however, I didn't have any license plates on the car yet as the original owner took them off. In hindsight I should have gotten a travel permit from the DMV, but I didn't think about that until after the fact. The state trooper pulled me over, I showed him the title and paperwork and told him I just purchased it and was driving home. He basically said, I could give you a ticket, but have a nice night. Then as he's walking off he turns back and says, "Nice car". Off I drove, lol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Many areas have use a hand held device that checks the tint grade. The "murdered" look is interesting but the darkened windows are not that great at night to see anything through. To each his own, I guess.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hahaha, great story. I got stopped the first day I bought my car. I was driving it home from the next state, and it was late at night; however, I didn't have any license plates on the car yet as the original owner took them off. In hindsight I should have gotten a travel permit from the DMV, but I didn't think about that until after the fact. The state trooper pulled me over, I showed him the title and paperwork and told him I just purchased it and was driving home. He basically said, I could give you a ticket, but have a nice night. Then as he's walking off he turns back and says, "Nice car". Off I drove, lol.
something happened to me, i bought a car in new york and was driving home to the city and i didn't sign the title yet and the cop was being a douche saying that its a felony if i don't sign the title and that right now to him it looks like I'm illegally transporting cars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Typical douchbag cop, probably had a hard time stringing those words together in a sentence for you too. So many ways to verify that you weren't doing anythign wrong, other than forgetting to put your signature on the title, and he goes straight to felony *shakes head*. I hope he didn't give you a ticket.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats and She looks good ;) I have only been pulled over once in San Diego, and he cited me for the tint, no front license and a loud exhaust - I had everything written off that same day (lucky day).

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well I'm 2 for 1 right now in my M5. Pulled once for loud exhaust but he really wanted to see if I was drunk, he let me go on a "keep your exhaust low" warning. The 2nd time was for obviously speeding on the 10 freeway on my way to Bass Pro Shop, I was going 92 MPH as happy as a clam on a beautiful Sunday morning, the ticket after begging the judge to lower the fine was $400.00. Now I just don't speed,...unless someone with a radar detector in a super charged blue M3 with red rims is running point ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice one...will have to remember cuz I basically have limo tint on the sides.

/E-high-five

·
Registered
463 Posts
for all the stuff done to my car its the one ive bn least pulled over in... so far only once flying down the LIE... the cop literally said your car stands out a helluva lot more than others dude, pretty damn nice at that... then sent me on my way, enjoy the day, try not getting caught again... haha, no ticket

1 - 20 of 36 Posts