BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my M5 had some Vredestein Ultrac Vortis and they are pretty much dead. My car is just a weekend/date night cruiser and hits some back roads from time to time. It will likely never see an HPDE event, and definitely not on whatever street tires I purchase.

That being said, I'm torn between these two tires. I wasn't happy at all with the Vredesteins, so hopefully either tire will be an upgrade. I'm in eastern NC so relatively mild climate and I will never drive in bad weather unless given no choice (broke daily or caught out in the rain). Also a potential of this going up for sale in the nearish future, so saving $150 on a set of tires isn't terrible.

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
The previous owner of my M5 had some Vredestein Ultrac Vortis and they are pretty much dead. My car is just a weekend/date night cruiser and hits some back roads from time to time. It will likely never see an HPDE event, and definitely not on whatever street tires I purchase.

That being said, I'm torn between these two tires. I wasn't happy at all with the Vredesteins, so hopefully either tire will be an upgrade. I'm in eastern NC so relatively mild climate and I will never drive in bad weather unless given no choice (broke daily or caught out in the rain). Also a potential of this going up for sale in the nearish future, so saving $150 on a set of tires isn't terrible.
Given your goals, I would say go for the all seasons. You won't notice any difference and the A/S may ride slightly better and last longer.

I have PS4S on my M5, but A/S 3 (no plus) on my MCS because they are a better riding tire and it won't see the track.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
It's hard for me not to recommend PS4Ss. It is a great tire - I have them on the M5, the Z4MC and the M3...that being said, if you are going to sell the car and/or are not going to demand peak dry performance the A/S should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts