BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First I'd like to say that I'm glad to be on this forum now that I can say that I am a true M5 owner.

I had been looking around for what it seemed to be a lifetime to find an E39 M5, until recently I didn't think I would find one for me.
That is when I found this beautiful Carbon Black 2002 M5 with Black extended leather, bruyere wood trim, and black alcantara headliner.
She was truely a sight to see. It only took me 2 short days to pull the trigger on this car. What had sold me on the car was this.

The interior was clean and well maintained for its age, some restoration could be done on the steering wheel, the driver seat, and the driver door grab handle.

The car has over 200,000 miles on it but the previous owner put a "brand new" S62 in the car at 100,000 miles.

The car is modified with a stage 2 clutch kit and a muffler delete.

The cherry on top was that the previous owner was selling it for just $15,000

Well that's all I can say for her at the moment, so if you have any questions or comments feel free to post them

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome and congrats on finding your M!

The only thing that would make this better is pictures...

Reactions: Punisher9113

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures are on the way soon. What I am doing now is I took the car to a local renowned audio shop (Method Sound) here in Orange County California to have a complete system put in. I understand the audio system in our cars, whether it was the "M Audio" or the "DSP" option was very weak to be in a car of that magnitude. As a music lover and someone who can relate to the older generation I thought that my first mod would be to revamp the audio system from the head unit to the individual speakers. I will be posting pictures of the mod once I get my car back next Wednesday.

The car itself is so special I went and named her "Naomi"

Here is a link to the Audio Shop's website:
Method Sound Car Stereo

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the board, and to the wonderful experience of Beast ownership.

And you picked the best color...:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome aboard! We chatted on bimmerfest.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to M5 ownership too. I have the same interior except I wrapped my wood trim with the 3M Di-noc matte CF wrap - I get compliments on it all the time! Enjoy in good health!

Edit: I agree CB is the best color ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Congrats on your new M5...you picked up the best color as well. Learn all you can from the board and enjoy :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes I remember talking to you tmvatlanta, how is your baby? Thanks guys for the warm welcome I really appreciate it.
Doing great with brand new brake pads, rotors and sensors I put on last week. I pick up a low mileage 2000 Dinan //M5 so I would have to sell it though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. Nice to see another fellow OC M5 guy...I just got mine on the weekend of the 4th.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats! Welcome to M5 ownership too. I have the same interior except I wrapped my wood trim with the 3M Di-noc matte CF wrap - I get compliments on it all the time! Enjoy in good health!

Edit: I agree CB is the best color ;)
Do you have any pictures of it?

Congrats on your new M5...you picked up the best color as well. Learn all you can from the board and enjoy :biggrinbounce:
I will, of course I did the smog on the car, it failed the first time. Technician suggests O2 sensors. Solved with oil flush :cool2:

Congrats on your new purchase. Nice to see another fellow OC M5 guy...I just got mine on the weekend of the 4th.
What area of OC do you live in? maybe we can meet up and show off our beasts.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nice car. Congratulations.

I was thinking the same upon seeing interior shots, either that or swapping for the silver OE trim.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts