BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, my name is Kevin and i'm from Picton, Ontario. I just recently purchased a 2008 Space Grey M5 with 117,000 kms on it (72,700 miles for my friends to the south!) and i'm loving every minute of it so far. It was dealer serviced with it's last service at 114,000 kms. Even with that info, I will most likely still go ahead and change the oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, diff fluid and fuel filter just to set a baseline and give me peace of mind. I've only had it for a couple of weeks now and have already started with some minor mods:

• charcoal filter delete
  • Red RPI Scoops
  • Matte black front and side grilles
  • Carbon fiber emblems for trunk, hood, steering wheel and wheels
  • 12mm wheel spacers
  • calipers painted red with ///M logo
So nothing major, but from reading the forum daily for a few weeks, theses seem to be some of the things that most people start out with. A few other things I will likely get too in the near future:

• Euro SMG tune and coding
  • BMC or K&N air filters (should have got them when I bought the scoops :sad2:)
  • Lowering Springs (especially the front!)
  • Interior LED lighting
  • paint orange reflector space grey
  • LED side markers
  • Maybe some exhaust....if not definitely some new tips....love the look of the Magnaflow tips
Anyway, looking forward to interacting with everyone. Here's some pics of my beast. Sorry, low light, so you really can't see the red scoops behind the black grilles.

2014-05-22 07.58.42.jpg

2014-05-22 07.59.46.jpg

2014-05-22 08.00.29.jpg

2014-05-22 08.01.14.jpg

Take care,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Looks clean. Nice car.

I am not sure red calipers work with this body color, but it's your car lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks clean. Nice car.

I am not sure red calipers work with this body color, but it's your car lol
I had a feeling that I may get flamed for the red calipers, but I think it looks good as an accent colour with the red RPI scoops! I'll most likely do something with the exterior M badges (ie. get rid of the blue) just to keep things consistent.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I had a feeling that I may get flamed for the red calipers, but I think it looks good as an accent colour with the red RPI scoops! I'll most likely do something with the exterior M badges (ie. get rid of the blue) just to keep things consistent.

Kevin
Yeah I see that. Again, it's no big deal. I am kinda biased against red calipers because lately everyone but their mother started to come out with red calipers on all hondas and fords and they no longer look as unique as they did a few years back.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very nice, Kevin. Of course, I am kind of biased, as my Beast is also a 2008 Space Grey. I've been thinking about that RPI induction kit and those red 'scoops' look nice on your car. :cool:

Reactions: Perry99er

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice, Kevin. Of course, I am kind of biased, as my Beast is also a 2008 Space Grey. I've been thinking about that RPI induction kit and those red 'scoops' look nice on your car. :cool:
I think the ram air kit is probably the best bang for your buck in terms of modifications. It also looks mean as hell!

Nice motor Kevin! What will you do in the winter?
It's going to get parked for the winter....especially if we had a winter like we did this past year. It may come out once or twice for special occasions, but I may Plasti Dip the wheels for protection first.

Welcome! looks good.. Look into the RPI GTS exhaust, i love mine..
Thanks! Will definitely look into the RPI exhaust. I've watched YouTube vids with it installed and it sounds incredible.

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts