1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not a fan. It looks too busy / almost ricerish to me. I'm not sure if your hood isn't closed all the way, but it looks like there's a decent size gap between the hood and front fender.

You'll see what I mean if you look at this one.

That said, I'm a big fan of customization, so as long as you're happy with it that's all that matters.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Look awesome, think the ///M colors sets it off -- Very hot. How long did it take for your hood to come in and did you install it yourself? I'm waiting on mine to come in, going on 8 weeks now. I've swapped hoods out when I was a younger and didn't think there was to much to it. Did you run into any problems with the install?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@RandyV10....it took almost 11 weeks to come in and I got it installed by Vorsteiner reccommended shop....they said it went on pretty easy. The painting took about 6 days.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
@RandyV10....it took almost 11 weeks to come in and I got it installed by Vorsteiner reccommended shop....they said it went on pretty easy. The painting took about 6 days.....
Thanks, I'm not planning on painting it, as long as the CF matches the roof well enough. Just going to have clear bra installed to protect it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i like the concept but i think it needs some more black to pull that look off. i would do black grill the bezel colormatched to the black u got painted and leave the slats matte black. i would tint the windows too, so it looks darker to match the roof n the body line u painted from. n lastly i would get the euro overlay stickers to cover the ambers and then get some oracal dark gray transparent vinyl and smoke the blinker part of the headlight and the euro overlay stickers, i would do the rear tails/reflectors too, maybe just the red part. i think that would work better with the scheme u got goin on there. i like it, just not complete to me.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

RandysV10 said:
Thanks, I'm not planning on painting it, as long as the CF matches the roof well enough. Just going to have clear bra installed to protect it.
I have the same plan. Shall see how well the hood matches the roof for a month or so and then decide on the paint option.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I like the look but would be uber-paranoid cruising down the 'bahn at anything over 120 with that big a gap up front, so now I am unsure if I want one or not. I guess if I find a good shop that could adjust it down it may still be an option. That black paint with the stripes is genius. I would have never thought of that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I seem to recall that the lighter weight of the Vorsteiner CF hood causes it to sit higher on the closure springs unless some magic adjustments are made. That may be the gap issue seen here as we've seen that on other VS CF hoods too.
I've had lightweight hoods in the past, and sometimes you have to do a little work on the hood to make it fit. For a hood of that cost, and a car that nice, that big gap would be unacceptable to me. I'd have it right back to the install shop. Could also be dangerous at high speeds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am glad to report, the shop was able to pull in the hood, by cutting down the hood stops :)....here are quick pictures of the rear spoiler and two tone paint.....

Picture 13748.jpg

Picture 13742.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts