BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
You do great work buddy.

Love that custom 'Ghost Black' / Polished exhaust.

Looks mean.

Sound clips please!

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just clicked through all 45 pages. wow, just wow. you are a true car enthusiast. thank you for this tread. on the behave of m5board, we thank you!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #445 (Edited)
Jan 30, 2014

Few weeks ago the car started to act strangely while driving. Different random error messages, radio turned on/off etc. At the very first moment it felt like an electric issue. I pulled the codes and there was a mention of over voltage in many modules, over 18V. I read and learned about the problem, and found out it's possibly a faulty voltage regulator inside the alternator. So I bought a new one and changed it two weeks ago (Thanks to latinskilz's great thread!). The problems were gone, except one; every now and then when I was shutting off the car, it died completely at that moment. Tried to turn the ignition back on, but got nothing. Then after a while everything worked again. After some investigation, I found out this was just a result of a discharged battery. I properly charged the battery and now everything works 100% again. Nice (knocking the wood, though!).

I just love these tight places... lovelove:confused3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Need sound clip of exhaust!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Juha, knowing your standards, I have to say I'm on a budget this time :tonquesmilie:.

Rohana RC7 10x20 & 11x20, matte anthracite.

- Antti -
A Good choice and I like also those wheels….
Before I decide my new setup this wheels was also one of my favorites…
I think you must use spacers also…
The specs I use is:
- Front 9,5 * 20" ET0
- Rear 10,5 * 20" ET18

I think its mean :
- at front 10*20" ET6 or 7
- at rear 11*20" ET 24 or 25

I calculate it fast at my head…. I'm not 100% sure if I calculate it right… but I think so.:M5thumbs:

Juha

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Ok guys. I don't know which tyres I'm going to get, but should I go...
- 245/35/R20 or
- 255/35R20 in front, when the rear tyres will be 285/30R20?

I know the stock width is 255, but 245 would be nearer to 285 in overall diameter.
Those of you who run 255/35R20 in front and 285/30R20 in rear, can you see the difference in overall diameter between these when the wheels are mounted on the car?

- Antti -

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mar 28, 2013

- Eric! Don't mess up with the new stuff over there!
- Sh*t!

- Antti -
lol, I was going thru your thread, I realize thats the airbush from "paint" program, thats why it was funny when the guy said "good luck getting that paint off" lmaoo :haha::haha::haha:

441 - 460 of 642 Posts