BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I was excited to see this post, then disappointed since we US cars don't have this option. However, to my pleasant surprise today, I tried this, and it worked beautifully!!!

The "memory" is short lasting, so if you turn it back to 0, and then to I again, it "looses" the "memory", but it works perfectly...

Love this... now I have to try on my E39 to see if the same thing works.
the e39 has that switch to alter the sensitivity on the auto wipers, we have rain sensors in that car, so no need for programmable variability.

I'm going to have to try this on my e34. My past e34 and e36, i could never make the interval vary, and had read that it was not for US spec cars, but maybe i was misinformed!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Usefull thread

Although I was uncertain about the usrfullness (is that english? doubt it) of this subject, it turns out at least a couple of people were happily surprised they had a feature they didn't know of.:jump:

Yeah, yeah, yeah:deal::deal::deal:
This is the first time in years I've read a manual on how to operate a vehicle. Apparently it was neccessary. Anyways....I like the feature....by the way: does an e34 540 has the same feature?
Works on my US spec 540 M-Sport. Don't see why a regular 540 wouldn't have it as well (the M-Sport is more M5 than 540).

My friend's US spec '95 525iT has it as well.

Forget if I've used it on my other friend's '93 US M5.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.