1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com/sharkedt/SharkEDT.pdf

For Pricing see http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com/sharkedt/SEPrice.pdf

The M5 / M6 uses the Bosch MS S65 ECU.

Jim Conforti, is one of the few talented tuners left that can get access to the encrypted ECU / DMEs of modern BMWs.

There is a little crackdown happening in the 335 world. BMW is cracking down on aftermarket tunes. Not only are they not honoring warranties for tuned cars but they are also putting detect mechanisms for tunes. Additionally, they are adding a higher level of encryption for the 335i.

The 335i is not really relevant for M5 / M6 which uses the Bosch MS S65 instead the 335i's Siemens MSD80 / 81.

Basically what Jim is offering is a OBD2 / CAN programmer that you can plug into your car. It will record the VIN so the unit can only work on your car. It appears that you will be able to adjust your own tuning but I am really curious to see what else I can play with.

Available July 08....

I have no financial interest. I just want to play around with the M5 / M6's variables!

EDIT: See http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139026 for some gory discussions on BMW's crackdown.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Very cool........now THAT is something to look forward to.

·
Registered
682 Posts
This sounds totally fun and dangerous. I am sure I would screw something up but it would be fun.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if I can play around with the rev limiter, torque settings, more iDrive settings etc....

I can't wait to get access to the computer.

All for $300

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if I can play around with the rev limiter, torque settings, more iDrive settings etc....

I can't wait to get access to the computer.

All for $300
Yep, I know for a fact you can play around with the rev limiter, top speed limiter, etc.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hello there everyone, lately ive been reseaching of how to disabe the annoying seat belt chime, the annoying automatic AC which turns on with ignition and finally to program the folding mirrors with the lock and unlock. The bmw dealer wants to charge me 300$ for this and that is way too much for such a service. Do you think that a Bosch dealer can do the job with his OBD machine since our ecu's are Bosch ?? i dunno if that made sence ?? im sure it can be cracked some how like other hidden menu's :1zhelp:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Im surprised even the dealer said they could do it....what I would add if I could would be to only have to hit the start button ONCE to shut off the engine and then twice to leave ignition on...instead of the opposite...my thinking is that MOST of the time (99%) when I park and go to hit that button...I am shutting the car off and leaving...it's rare that I shut the car off and sit in it listening to the radio....so why make so that I have to hit the button twice to shut the car down....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im surprised even the dealer said they could do it....what I would add if I could would be to only have to hit the start button ONCE to shut off the engine and then twice to leave ignition on...instead of the opposite...my thinking is that MOST of the time (99%) when I park and go to hit that button...I am shutting the car off and leaving...it's rare that I shut the car off and sit in it listening to the radio....so why make so that I have to hit the button twice to shut the car down....
If you hold the button a little longer (say about 7 seconds) it will shut down with one push.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Or just press the engine stop button once, step out of the car and you'll hear the music but once you lock it the car will power down completely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts