BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous Progman updates have been documented in a "Service Information Bulletin". The v25 SIB was titled SIB_611403_CIP_25.pdf for example. Has anyone seen this document for the latest v26 software?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
How long do these program software updates go until? Why so many? Why so often?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I prefer frequent updates than being stuck 2 years with bugs until they bring out some long overdue update! Same for my PC BIOS etc

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Software is getting updated all the time, but most people never need the updates more than once or twice a year at most. For example, the software you would have received as a mandatory change was v23 or v24, which included the emissions recall. V25 would probably have been thrown in at some service simply because of the interface upgrades. If you don't have a problem, they don't do the software upgrade. It's that simple. Being on this forum makes you more aware of the updates. For example, v26 may have some changes that fix the problems v25 caused with my aftermarket intakes (FYI Dinan is working on intakes too, but they didn't seem to think that they were testing them on a v25 car and so it might cause a problem for them too). With v27 just around the corner, and me only 1700 miles from my oil change, I'll be going in and working my request as well as possible to get v27 (or v26?) loaded.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So i just called my dealer and they told me I have a recall on my Car. They said its the Hydro SMG recall on the motor. I assume they are referring to the V26? Any thoughts?
Just had the SMG pump recall service. They don't need to update to v26 to do the pump change nor did they although I requested it. SA told me that BMW will not reimburse them for software update unless it is authorized by BMW puma or if they can demonstrate one of the faults addressed in the v26 SIB. I thinks some dealers will do it for free as a goodwill gesture though. Probably depends somewhat on your relationship with the dealer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is some latest information
v26.00.00 only contains new coding/programming data for e9x vehicles, and programming data for e83
v26.01.00 is just an application update
v26.01.01 contains programming data only for e9x
v26.01.02 contains new programming for e65,e66, it also contains new coding data for e6x vehicles, no programming. also only coding data on e70 vehicles.
v26.02.00 contains no software updates for vehicles produced for USA.

new for v26 is the (coasting jolt/urban program) for e65,e66 vehicles for harsh shifting.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Here is some latest information
v26.00.00 only contains new coding/programming data for e9x vehicles, and programming data for e83
v26.01.00 is just an application update
v26.01.01 contains programming data only for e9x
v26.01.02 contains new programming for e65,e66, it also contains new coding data for e6x vehicles, no programming. also only coding data on e70 vehicles.
v26.02.00 contains no software updates for vehicles produced for USA.

new for v26 is the (coasting jolt/urban program) for e65,e66 vehicles for harsh shifting.
What is the "coasting jolt/urban program" ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
What is the "coasting jolt/urban program" ?
its a new transmission program for the e65's for harsh 2-1 shifts. this programming has saved some transmissions from being replaced.- coasting jolt.

urban program is also a trans program for certain production e65's different shifting complaints.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
its a new transmission program for the e65's for harsh 2-1 shifts. this programming has saved some transmissions from being replaced.- coasting jolt.

urban program is also a trans program for certain production e65's different shifting complaints.
That sounds like a worthwhile upgrade - time to use my "free software update" coupon (my emissions recall notice) :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
are you reading my posts correctly? v26 does not contain any new software programming updates for the e60. It only contains new coding data for some control units. the coasting jolt/urban program is only for e65's and require a special code from BMW to activate it.

if you have an open campaign for the SMG pump, then your vehicle software will not be updated. There is no need to update the vehicles software. If you have the DME programming campaign, then the vehicle will need to be updated.

I just dont under stand why people want v26 installed if there is no programming data, just coding data has changed. If you have a real problem, then you should contact your nearest center and scheldule an appointment. But if you dont then just drive your vehicle as it was intended to do so.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
are you reading my posts correctly? v26 does not contain any new software programming updates for the e60. It only contains new coding data for some control units. the coasting jolt/urban program is only for e65's and require a special code from BMW to activate it.

if you have an open campaign for the SMG pump, then your vehicle software will not be updated. There is no need to update the vehicles software. If you have the DME programming campaign, then the vehicle will need to be updated.

I just dont under stand why people want v26 installed if there is no programming data, just coding data has changed. If you have a real problem, then you should contact your nearest center and scheldule an appointment. But if you dont then just drive your vehicle as it was intended to do so.
Ok, didn't catch that. If there's no new programming, then I'll keep my free software update card.

·
Registered
394 Posts
are you reading my posts correctly? I just dont under stand why people want v26 installed if there is no programming data, just coding data has changed. If you have a real problem, then you should contact your nearest center and scheldule an appointment. But if you dont then just drive your vehicle as it was intended to do so.
I think everyone appreciates the intent behind your posts, but you may be talking over some people's heads (like me :dunno: ). I for one, don't understand the difference between new software programming updates and new coding data - but honestly, I probably don't need to understand it.

And I also agree with you, why fix something that isn't broke? But you are talking to an audience that bought a car because they wanted the best of the best and if they perceive a "better" software to be available, well then they want it. Just roll with it man. We appreciate you sharing your knowledge and information, even if you think we're idiots. ouich

·
Registered
376 Posts
Anyone with the V26.1 PDF?

Was hoping to see the PDF for the new V26....anyone..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts