BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only shown the two most recent versions as the SIB goes all the way back to version 10. Entire SIB in pdf. Any enhancements (beyond fixes) are not listed and it is up to members to note what these might be, if any.

SI B 61 14 03
General Electrical Systems
September 2006
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 14 03 dated June 2006.

designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
Software Errors Corrected with Progman

MODEL
E60, E61 (5 Series)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
Customer may complain of the following:

The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 23.00.00 (Target data Status E060-06-09-520).

1. CCC: Voice input system incorrectly states speed limit in "km". Refer to SI B84 24 05.
  2. CCC with Top HiFi (SA 677) loses surround sound settings after a Navigation system announcement. Refer to SI B65 08 06.
  3. CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin even after the key is off. No audio output is heard. When the customer returns to the vehicle the audio CD is on a different track. This is most noticeable while listening to audio books on CD.
  4. CCC: The customer states that sporadically, it is not possible to acknowledge the "Accept" button on the navigation system disclaimer screen using the controller. Refer to SI B84 20 06.
  5. CCC: Radio failure after entering the destination in the Navigation system via the voice input system. Other audio sources are not affected.
  6. CCC: Sporadically the radio continues to play after the key is turned off. This fault occurred after programming the vehicle using Progman V19.1.
  7. CCC: After changing the road map scale using the voice input system; it is not possible to change the map scale using the controller.
  8. CCC: The audible warning gong sounds intermittently after the vehicle is started and cannot be turned off unless the vehicle key is cycled. No check control message is displayed while the gong is sounded.
  9. CCC: The radio audio cuts out briefly in FM mode only while driving. Vehicle already has the tuner profile corrected as per SI B65 26 05 and fault code CCC-ANT "DACA" hardware reset fault is stored.
  10. CCC: The radio station that is currently being listened to intermittently changes to the next station in the station list. This can happen every 2 seconds
  11. CCC: Check control gongs and PDC tones have no audio. Other audio functions operate correctly
  12. Blower motor stays on with key off. Refer to SI B64 01 06.
  13. The speedometer and revolution counter needles shake when the vehicle is idling.
The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 22.00.00 (Target data Status E060-06-06-510).

1. An implausible engine oil level message may be displayed while driving at temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Vehicles produced from 9/2005 with N62TU.
  2. On the CID (Central Information Display) "Service" menu, an "Engine Oil Level" selection is now shown after being the vehicle was programmed with Progman V21.2. Vehicles produced up to 9/2005 with N62. Perform complete vehicle encoding.
  3. Turn signals not working, hazard lights not working, headlights are always on with ignition on, CC message "Light system malfunction" is displayed. The light module is in emergency mode. Vehicles produced up to May 30, 2006.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sticky? :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
LI-M5 said:
pls forgive me but is this a fix for all the problems on the cars ??
No. BMW continually improves the software. There are other problems you may experience that these software updates do not fix, and you may not be experiencing any of the problems fixed by thee software updates.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It'd sure be nice to have a fix for the stereo input changing after shutting the car off overnight. No telling what radio station will be on when I start my car in the morning.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Anybody know whether this new version is already in the '07s or do we need the dealers to upgrade the software before delivery?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Andrew, if your car doesn't already have the software, it will probably get loaded at the Prep Center before that car is shipped to your dealer. More likely than not, your car already has it.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Thanks. I am concerned about taking anything for granted with these guys.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Problems?

Fortunately, looks like it only applies to the Euro spec cars with the NAV-TV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer wouldn't upgrade the software "unless there is a problem." Any suggestions for convincing the dealer to do the upgrade?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
rcohen said:
My dealer wouldn't upgrade the software "unless there is a problem." Any suggestions for convincing the dealer to do the upgrade?
I had the same problem. I wanted the update to fix the stereo input problem, which occurs always overnight, but very rarely otherwise. My SA said it could be done but said that a PUMA case would need to be opened, etc. I said I'd live with it until I bring the car in for the 15K service. My guess is that you'll need to show them that there is a real problem before they'll do it. The fact that I didn't buy the car from them may have had some bearing as well, but I do have a good relationship with them and always take care of me.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
rcohen said:
I had a previous post on this in another thread. Tell them that you listen to books on CD every now and then in the CD changer and that every time you do, the CD seems to be 10-15 minutes ahead after leaving and coming back to the car. This is a well known issue...basically the CD changer keeps running after you shut off the car because the switch it's hooked up to stays on with some of the other electronics in the car for 15 minutes. This is one of the more obvious fixes with Progman 23.x that you can use to get the upgrade. If you don't care about this issue or have a particular problem, and are a few months away from your next service anyway, you might just wait. It can easily take a full day or more depending on how your car takes the software (sometimes they have to load it 2 or 3 times if the computer has a hickup or something during the install).

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
JamesInLV said:
I had a previous post on this in another thread. Tell them that you listen to books on CD every now and then in the CD changer and that every time you do, the CD seems to be 10-15 minutes ahead after leaving and coming back to the car. This is a well known issue...basically the CD changer keeps running after you shut off the car because the switch it's hooked up to stays on with some of the other electronics in the car for 15 minutes. This is one of the more obvious fixes with Progman 23.x that you can use to get the upgrade. If you don't care about this issue or have a particular problem, and are a few months away from your next service anyway, you might just wait. It can easily take a full day or more depending on how your car takes the software (sometimes they have to load it 2 or 3 times if the computer has a hickup or something during the install).
Haven't we seen reports that 23.x still does not correct the CD run-on issue?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
mcvaughan...funny thing is that I think you're right, but with this bulletin it will still get you 23.x if you really want it. In fact, I'm not entirely sure that I didn't have the problem before in the first place with 22.x, and now I do. I had a second issue though...the speedo needle shaking at idle. Actually, it would shake wildly sometimes up to about 25+ mph.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts