BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we know our production week, how do we correlate it with the calendar? Say, for example, that a car will be produced in production week 38. Does that correspond with a particular calendar week?

Best regards,

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found out that week 38 is the week of September 19th to September 25th.

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Most diaries and mobile phones show the week number. The current weeks are as follows:

Week beginning July 4th is week 27
Week beginning July 11th is week 28
Week beginning August 1st is week 31

etc.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ashok Arora said:
Most diaries and mobile phones show the week number. The current weeks are as follows:

Week beginning July 4th is week 27
Week beginning July 11th is week 28
Week beginning August 1st is week 31

etc.
Thanks, Ashok. I should have realized that right away!ouich

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
249 Posts
I called my dealership to ask what week my M5 is going into production to get a rough estimate, but they told me that they had no idea. Anyone know who I could ask (possibly give me a number)?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
BlackBM said:
I called my dealership to ask what week my M5 is going into production to get a rough estimate, but they told me that they had no idea. Anyone know who I could ask (possibly give me a number)?
If you are scheduled for September production, your dealer should have that information now on REX (the interface between BMW and the retailers to view and build vehicles). If you're not dealing with the Sales Manager, you should call him or her.

I don't know whether REX has the information on vehicles to be produced during October/November/December. Which production month have you got?

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
249 Posts
Spiroman said:
I don't know whether REX has the information on vehicles to be produced during October/November/December. Which production month have you got?

Best regards,

Spiroman
My production month is September, they told me, here in Toronto. They also said it should be at the dealership end of Sept. or beginning of Oct. I'd like to know exactly what week so I know approx when it will be here. I read on the forum it takes about a month after production. Ill call my dealership back and ask for the REX report, lets see if they even know what that is... Im also hoping that, since September will be producing 06 M5's that we will be getting some new and improved options, i.e. start button egnition, iPod integration, etc... Maybe u would know Spiroman?
Anyways thx for your help and ill post after i speak to my dealership what they say.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
German industry often works with numeric weeks (1-52). I must say when I used to work for a German multinational I've liked it alot. Once you get used to it, it's much more efficient than using calendar dates. Too bad that not many other countries use it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I assume week one starts Jan 1? Or is it Sunday to Sat? Monday to Sunday? Or if Jan 1 is a Wednesday, is that still week one (and week 52/53?) or do they start counting on the first full week.

What a stupid question.. I know!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vndkshn said:
I assume week one starts Jan 1? Or is it Sunday to Sat? Monday to Sunday? Or if Jan 1 is a Wednesday, is that still week one (and week 52/53?) or do they start counting on the first full week.

It is Monday to Sunday, but don't ask me why (because I don't know). I do know that BMW considers week 38 to be from September 19th (Monday) to September 25th (Sunday).

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
vndkshn said:

Never any stupid questions around here Dan.

Week 1 began on Monday, January 3rd. The period December 27, 2004 until Sunday, January 2, 2005 was considered "Week 53" of 2004. It sounds weird but that's the system.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Spiroman said:
Just found out that week 38 is the week of September 19th to September 25th.

Best regards,

Spiroman
i just find out the production week of my car. a week ahead of you Spiroman! :haha:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey Spiroman, I just got off the phone with my dealership. I told them to check on my production date through REX. On week 38, mine will be in production. I guess our cars are coming on the same boat, and will be delivered at the same time. We should try to organize a meet. Is there anyone else from Toronto who's production week is within this time, from Toronto, or neighbouring city?

·
Registered
955 Posts
BlackBM said:
Hey Spiroman, I just got off the phone with my dealership. I told them to check on my production date through REX. On week 38, mine will be in production. I guess our cars are coming on the same boat, and will be delivered at the same time. We should try to organize a meet. Is there anyone else from Toronto who's production week is within this time, from Toronto, or neighbouring city?
out of curiousity. will all first batch M5 be shipped to Canada all at once? or will they ship over the car as they are done building it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tifosi said:
out of curiousity. will all first batch M5 be shipped to Canada all at once? or will they ship over the car as they are done building it.
I'm sure they'll ship them as they build them with other BMW vehicles coming over to Canada. Take a look at the shipping schedule from Bremerhaven to Halifax on the Wallenius Wilhemsen website at http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp and look under "Schedules". It looks like ships leave every few days. As you can tell from the website, once we have our VINs we can actually track our cars coming over!

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
955 Posts
Spiroman said:
I'm sure they'll ship them as they build them with other BMW vehicles coming over to Canada. Take a look at the shipping schedule from Bremerhaven to Halifax on the Wallenius Wilhemsen website at http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp and look under "Schedules". It looks like ships leave every few days. As you can tell from the website, once we have our VINs we can actually track our cars coming over!

Best regards,

Spiroman
thanks for the wonderful website!

i am finally seeing light from the other end of the tunnel. after 3 years of wait, i will finally be getting the car in 3 months! awsome! :1:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
tifosi said:
thanks for the wonderful website!

i am finally seeing light from the other end of the tunnel. after 3 years of wait, i will finally be getting the car in 3 months! awsome! :1:
Tifosi, hate to break it to you but the next 3 months will seem like years.... trust me and the longest wait will be from the port of Halifax to Toronto. :grrrr:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts