BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have an E39 M5 on order (status 111 at BMW AG). The dealer told me the production week for the car is week 26. When can I expect to see the car at the dealership? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I'm excited now.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
So week 26 is about June 15. Production is fast - only takes a day or two. There's a window when the next ship will be available - anywhere from that day to a week or so from the date of production. Takes about 1 month for the ship to make it to the west coast; less if it comes in on the east coast or Houston - depends upon where your dealer is.

They process the car at a facility near the ship - then truck it to the dealer. Set your expectations at 6 weeks - should be close. If you're lucky it will be a little quicker.

The waiting is hard, eh?

Well, as soon as you grip the wheel and drive it for the first time it will have ALL been worth it! Enjoy...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Greg; Are you sure week 26 is June 15. If they follow the European "weeks" that would put #26 about June 25. Hey, 10 days is an eternity when you're waiting!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I was told week 13 (when my car was built) was the week of March 20, so that'd make week 26 the week of June 19.

Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. Seems like week 26 is either June 19-23 or June 26-30 then. Thanks a lot for all the answers. I can't wait for it to arrive!

To the folks who already got their hot little paws on the E39 M5, how long after production week until the car arrives at the dealer lot?

Thanks again for any answer or advice in advance. Happy driving all!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My car is being made this week (not too sure of the exact week number, but it's certainly fairly close to week 26 - I was told a couple of months ago, but can't remember now). The dealership in Germany (located in NW Germany near Dusseldorf) should get the car either Monday or Tuesday next week, so I'll be able to pick it up towards the end of next week. YES!

Cheers,
Phil Spencer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does anyone know how long it takes (aproximately) for a car to arrive on the east coast of the states from Germany?

·
Registered
58 Posts
my car took 6 weeks from production week to be delivered to my dealer. once the car is released from the port in NJ it could arrive the next day at the dealer.

let the excitement begin!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Marlin: A ship leaves every week from Germany. It then takes 10 to 14 days on the water depending on weather. Once at port, figure three days, then truck transport from the port of entry. I am waiting on the second M5 and I have the routine down at the expense of many calls to my dealer!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started this topic a while back.

I just talked to my sales rep. a couple of days ago and he said my car is in status 155 - built.

Really waiting for it to arrive now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
kuzibimun -

Go here <url>http://www.wlna.com//</url> and check the shipping schedule. The cars are shipped from Bremerhaven, Norway. My car is also Week 26, and the status as of today is 155 - Production Completed. The next ships to leave Bremerhaven bound for Brunswick, NJ are today, July 3rd, and July 6th.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Since you are on the West Coast, I think that yours will discharge at PORT HUENEME. I have a build week 28 on order (also for the West Coast), so I am interested in how your delivery time turns out.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
jkleb, are all M5's loaded at Bremerhaven? (Norway, you say?)

I know that the Canadian cars are discharged in Halifax...thanks in advance...

Alps

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
...and can anyone vouch for my dealer's claim that M5's are shipped in individual crates? If so, super-cool...

Alps

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by jkleb:
kuzibimun -

Go here <url>http://www.wlna.com//</url> and check the shipping schedule. The cars are shipped from Bremerhaven, Norway. My car is also Week 26, and the status as of today is 155 - Production Completed. The next ships to leave Bremerhaven bound for Brunswick, NJ are today, July 3rd, and July 6th.
jkleb:

Thanks a lot for the info!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by HarleyMYK:
Since you are on the West Coast, I think that yours will discharge at PORT HUENEME. I have a build week 28 on order (also for the West Coast), so I am interested in how your delivery time turns out.
HarleyMYK,

I am buying my M5 from a dealer in Virginia, so it won't be unloaded in California

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would assume that all M5s are shipped out of Bremerhaven, Norway, since I believe that ALL BMWs bound for North America are shipped from there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts