BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many m5s are produced per day for both the US and the rest of the world? I have seen the e39 numbers at roughly 25 per day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
54 M5 E60´s per day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I am amazed that it is that much. Could someone give us the numbers of normal e60s per day and possibly 997s per day as a reference. If they do that amount of M5s it will only take 2 days for South Africa’s production allocation for the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
I believe E39 M5 US sales peaked at around 2,500/yr or around 10/work day. If worldwide sales were 25/day, then US would be around 40% of worldwide--does that make sense (I don't know US % of BMW worldwide sales)?

If 54/day for E60 M5 is an average number for the year, that's more than doubling M5 production, which doesn't do very much for the exclusivity of the car (although BMW could care less about that...).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
US sales are about 50% of BMW total production. I bet M sales are higher than that, and I bet 2006 production for the US will be higher still given the pent-up demand from the US introduction lag.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
bernhtp said:
US sales are about 50% of BMW total production. I bet M sales are higher than that, and I bet 2006 production for the US will be higher still given the pent-up demand from the US introduction lag.

Tom
Actually according to BMW's 2004 results the USA is only 26% of their market

Germany accounts for 24% of their market, and the rest of europe for 36%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
888 said:
I am amazed that it is that much. Could someone give us the numbers of normal e60s per day and possibly 997s per day as a reference. If they do that amount of M5s it will only take 2 days for South Africa’s production allocation for the year.
The Dingolfing plant makes around 1,200 cars per day, that incluses 5,6 and 7 Series, with 5 Series being the majority

Here in SA they make just under 300 E90 3 Series per day at the Rosslyn factory


Currently the USA is selling around 4,400 E60 per month ( we sell about 250 per month in SA )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
If some of our members would provide the last 5 digits of their serial numbers, and their production dates, we could probably get an estimate of the number of M5s currently being produced monthly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
SuperBMW said:
The Dingolfing plant makes around 1,200 cars per day, that incluses 5,6 and 7 Series, with 5 Series being the majority

Here in SA they make just under 300 E90 3 Series per day at the Rosslyn factory


Currently the USA is selling around 4,400 E60 per month ( we sell about 250 per month in SA )
SuperBMW, thanks for your info, do you work for BMW?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
888 said:
I am amazed that it is that much. Could someone give us the numbers of normal e60s per day and possibly 997s per day as a reference. If they do that amount of M5s it will only take 2 days for South Africa’s production allocation for the year.
1340 E60´s a day at Dingolfing plant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Interesting stats I got while checking on a members car being built

That day a lot of 8 M5 for South Africa were produced together (Consecutive VIN numbers )

out of the 8
5 are Interlagos Blue
1 is Sapphire Black
1 is Alpine White
1 is Silverstone II
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Here are the US E39 M5 sales (thanks Fred Meloan :thumbsup: ):

'99........700 (~2 months)
'00.....2,963
'01.....2,358
'02.....1,666
'03.....1,447
'04.........64
total...9,198

There are 347 US dealers.

US cars/day peaked in the first full year ('00) at ~12/day (assuming 250 work days per year).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
In the USA E60 M5 allocations are through the roof at many dealers. I know some large dealers that already have 15 M5s allocated for September and October production. I know a medium dealer that already has 7 cars allocated. This is dramatically ahead of where the E39 M5 allocatiions were in the beginning. With 54 a day...looks like many are USA bound.

MJ
week 37, 150 status as of today, Silver Gray/Black
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
MJ said:
In the USA E60 M5 allocations are through the roof at many dealers. I know some large dealers that already have 15 M5s allocated for September and October production. I know a medium dealer that already has 7 cars allocated. This is dramatically ahead of where the E39 M5 allocatiions were in the beginning. With 54 a day...looks like many are USA bound.

MJ
week 37, 150 status as of today, Silver Gray/Black
It seems that the initial monthly allocations for US dealers are unusually high--I assume it's to kick start things here, and not an indication of allocation levels on an ongoing monthly basis...if the later, those waiting lists are going to go a lot faster than most thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Do you guys in the US anticipate that the rising gas prices, if they stay above $3 per gallon, will have much impact on demand for the M5?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
hythe said:
Do you guys in the US anticipate that the rising gas prices, if they stay above $3 per gallon, will have much impact on demand for the M5?
Gas prices are a regressive tax so I can assume that the majority of the M5 buyers are unaffected
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top