1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday i visit BMW Dingolfing.
They produce the 7,6 and 5 series.
Also they produce the M5 and M6.
I have seen in total 9 M6 cars in different stages of production and i can tel you they look beatiful.
It was strickly forbidden to take pictures so i am sorry that i can't show anything.
The guy from the factory told me that the first cars are ready for shipment and delivery will start this month

Attachments

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
waltr said:
Last Thursday i visit BMW Dingolfing.
They produce the 7,6 and 5 series.
Also they produce the M5 and M6.
I have seen in total 9 M6 cars in different stages of production and i can tel you they look beatiful.
It was strickly forbidden to take pictures so i am sorry that i can't show anything.
The guy from the factory told me that the first cars are ready for shipment and delivery will start this month
How can delivery to customers start before they have released pre-production models to the press for testing???

If the 'guy from the factory' was talking to you about delivery, he probably had no idea whatsoever what the plan is.

My guess is what you saw were 'pilot production' cars. Release of the M6 is still at least 6 months to one year away at the earliest.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Wolverine..look at the post about the m5 delivery in germany ,official statement from BMW confirming m5 released in april...and the m6 !!!!!!!

please someone translate that ASAP,

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
markf said:
Wolverine..look at the post about the m5 delivery in germany ,official statement from BMW confirming m5 released in april...and the m6 !!!!!!!

please someone translate that ASAP,
Sorry, I haven't seen any official statement from BMW on the M6 release. I think people are forgetting some pretty basic things here.

1. The M5 has not been released yet. The M5 is about 1 year ahead of the M6 in terms of all the pre-production publicity.

2. How can BMW possibly release a car to the public BEFORE they make the car available to the automotive press to test-drive?? No car company in the history of the world has ever done this. None, zero. So, we'll first see the M6 reported on by the automotive press, easily 6 months before it is released.

3. You cannot place an order for the M6 yet, anywhere in the world. Once you place an order, it will take several months to get the car. I'll start taking release dates seriously once the dealers start taking real orders.

I'll stand by my original statement from the previous post - the first customer deliveries of the M6 will not happen for 6 months to one year. I would love it to happen sooner, but we need to face reality.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Gustav said:
1. Consumers cars are produced and finished, just not yet launched.

2. They won't release them before this. they will keep them until the press get the first glance.

3. Really?
1. Sorry, but I don't believe this.

2. When?

3. Yes, unless you can give me an example otherwise. When I say 'order', I mean an actual production order of a car with full specifications, and a production and delivery date. None so far.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Wolverine said:
1. Sorry, but I don't believe this.

2. When?

3. Yes, unless you can give me an example otherwise. When I say 'order', I mean an actual production order of a car with full specifications, and a production and delivery date. None so far.
Hey, I hope I'm wrong, and perhaps I'm a little bit tinged because of the delays in the M5. If the M6 really will be released soon, it will be great news!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wolverine said:
I hold the actual production order of my M6 with full specs and delivery date (June) in my hands. Do you want me to post it to give proof of it or are my words enough? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
...i guess like in every other instance possible, BMW NA scr*ws US... we cant get the same carz, the same engines, the same packages, or even info on ordering that the rest of the world can....
im so sick of them, trully destroying their loyal base, they will only wake up once they are no longer the top volume seller of cars for BMW AG, and then they'll have to release all cars BMW puts forth and beg us to support them again
grrrrrrr

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
I hold the actual production order of my M6 with full specs and delivery date (June) in my hands. Do you want me to post it to give proof of it or are my words enough? :cheers:
ouich OK then. Have you made the downpayment? What price are you paying?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys but with a production of 10 to 20 pieces a week it seems almost inpossible that it will thake one year before the car is delivered to the first buyers.
The production of the car was, as it seems to me, a standard production car.
This means that the car is build on the same production line as the new 7 series, and the 6 series. No special handmade items, no special production area.
Iff your intrested, BMW Dingolfing is giving tours in his factory, and see for yourself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
waltr said:
Sorry guys but with a production of 10 to 20 pieces a week it seems almost inpossible that it will thake one year before the car is delivered to the first buyers.
The production of the car was, as it seems to me, a standard production car.
This means that the car is build on the same production line as the new 7 series, and the 6 series. No special handmade items, no special production area.
Iff your intrested, BMW Dingolfing is giving tours in his factory, and see for yourself.
Very good news !!! :thumbsup:

But what year are the models PLEASE !!!??? :confused:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wolverine said:
ouich OK then. Have you made the downpayment? What price are you paying?
That's my 5th BMW now (E36 325i, E36 M3, E36 M3 convertible, E39 M5) and I never have been asked to make a downpayment. I have to pay 122.375,10 € for my fully loaded M6. However, my dealer promised to give me a discount of at least 3 %.

·
Registered
675 Posts
wolverine,i think there's a big difference between Eurpean and US delivery dates.
MY dealer told me I will have to spec the car up very shortly.I see no reason apart from the press not having it why the car can't be released soon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My dealer (US) will not even take deposit for M6. He says until any model/part number status shows up on BMWNet available to dealers he will not take anyones deposit. They did place me on their order preference list which will cause them to call me when they do get info allowing me to place a deposit. I am number 2 on this list, although he is a fairly small volume dealer. Probably about a third of what Fields BMW does in Orlando, Florida. And even they are not heavy M car volume like Miami area dealers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi, I've order an M6 two months ago delivery august '05.

And here is the link from the newsletter from BMW germany, for the release of the new 7 seriers M5 and even M6.

BMW Newsletter

Sorry its in german but you'll will certainly know what they mean.

rem

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well, I am just stunned that people would commit to buying a car that no one has even driven yet! I can't believe that BMW is releasing the M6 in May, and the dealers have taken orders from customers without so much as a single test drive in a publication.

To me, there is something fishy going on. Who has an explaination as to why BMW is basically releasing the car to customers before any test results are published???

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Wolverine said:
Well, I am just stunned that people would commit to buying a car that no one has even driven yet! I can't believe that BMW is releasing the M6 in May, and the dealers have taken orders from customers without so much as a single test drive in a publication.

To me, there is something fishy going on. Who has an explaination as to why BMW is basically releasing the car to customers before any test results are published???
Nothing Fishy. We aren't buying cars. We are feeding an Addiction.

There has been plenty of press on the M6, unofficial and some official. If you are the type of buyer who needs to wait and see what other people think, then by all means wait. There are lots of other people with enough money burning a hole in their pockets that are willing (and wanting) to be the first on their block to have a new M Car.

It's no big secret. Some companies just draw this kind of attention. Just look at the number of people who wait outside an Apple Computer Store the day that they know SOMETHING will be announced, but they don't actually know WHAT.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
louv said:
Nothing Fishy. We aren't buying cars. We are feeding an Addiction.

There has been plenty of press on the M6, unofficial and some official. If you are the type of buyer who needs to wait and see what other people think, then by all means wait. There are lots of other people with enough money burning a hole in their pockets that are willing (and wanting) to be the first on their block to have a new M Car.

It's no big secret. Some companies just draw this kind of attention. Just look at the number of people who wait outside an Apple Computer Store the day that they know SOMETHING will be announced, but they don't actually know WHAT.
I mean, what reason could BMW possibly have for not releasing cars to the press yet??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts