BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right.
We've been discussing production delays.
Poor Ashok!
My dealer told me my car was going into production week 28 with delivery release 2 weeks later.
That was on wednesday last week.
Yesterday I was told the car is built and released to carrier and will be available within 2 weeks.
Who understands what is going on.
Apparently not my dealer but as it is in my favour - who's complaining.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Not sure whats happening but my delivery date has moved forward 6 weeks???

I was called into finalise specs and given a week 32 delivery date, when earlier in the year it was expeced week 38.

I also noticed that post September build date there are more options available when we looked on the German production system.

Sacha...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
tonach said:
So - price increase in the offing?
The price has dropped to £61000 from the £61750 I was expecting:)

The options included ISPFIX for front seat and airbag isolation, via the key I think. There was no direct mention of the start button and I was looking but couldn't find any mention of the keyless options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
HomerUK said:
The price has dropped to £61000 from the £61750 I was expecting:)

The options included ISPFIX for front seat and airbag isolation, via the key I think. There was no direct mention of the start button and I was looking but couldn't find any mention of the keyless options.
There's no keyless option on the 550i/B5, I'm told, so probably not on the M5 either.

What's this about the front-seat ISOFIX and airbag isolation? News to me (and something I'd go for!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
tonach said:
Right.
We've been discussing production delays.
Poor Ashok!
My dealer told me my car was going into production week 28 with delivery release 2 weeks later.
That was on wednesday last week.
Yesterday I was told the car is built and released to carrier and will be available within 2 weeks.
Who understands what is going on.
Apparently not my dealer but as it is in my favour - who's complaining.
Week 28 was last week.. And your dealer has been wrong, it always takes around 2 - 4 weeks to deliver the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MortenDK said:
Week 28 was last week.. And your dealer has been wrong, it always takes around 2 - 4 weeks to deliver the car.
I think week 28 is this week and the dealer did say around two weeks from build completion to delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
HomerUK said:
The price has dropped to £61000 from the £61750 I was expecting:)

The options included ISPFIX for front seat and airbag isolation, via the key I think. There was no direct mention of the start button and I was looking but couldn't find any mention of the keyless options.
The price is still £61,760 on the internet as it is in the ordering system - as it is for cars being delivered. Where did you get this information from? Want to make sure I am not paying £760 too much :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
hythe said:
There's no keyless option on the 550i/B5, I'm told, so probably not on the M5 either.

What's this about the front-seat ISOFIX and airbag isolation? News to me (and something I'd go for!)
I was checking the spec on the main production system and the salesman put in september build, under this options list was an new ISOFIX option. He said it was a new system in the front and would alow the isolation of the front airbag, like in the Audi's I'm guessing. As it was only available from September build my order failed untill we removed it as its production is before September.

I can get the option number if you need it and your car is post September build.

Sacha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
virage1 said:
The price is still £61,760 on the internet as it is in the ordering system - as it is for cars being delivered. Where did you get this information from? Want to make sure I am not paying £760 too much :rolleyes:
I will double check when I get home on the weekend but, the quoted £61000 is from the printed order and signed agreement. The one with a small photo of the M5 in the specification you chose, my little picture was in red with black leather and the rear blinds are visable quite a nice touch I thought.

It was generated by the new systems, I think they have changed to the new systems over the last few months, and as it was a siigned final agreement its nice to have an error in my favor for a change:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
hythe said:
There's no keyless option on the 550i/B5, I'm told, so probably not on the M5 either.

What's this about the front-seat ISOFIX and airbag isolation? News to me (and something I'd go for!)
As I understand it it is not a keyless option as you still need the key just starts via a button rather than turning the key
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
HomerUK said:
I will double check when I get home on the weekend but, the quoted £61000 is from the printed order and signed agreement. The one with a small photo of the M5 in the specification you chose, my little picture was in red with black leather and the rear blinds are visable quite a nice touch I thought.

It was generated by the new systems, I think they have changed to the new systems over the last few months, and as it was a siigned final agreement its nice to have an error in my favor for a change:)
I think what has happend here is that they have forgot to is add all the "on the road costs"...more than coincidence that delivery fees etc are £557, road fund fee of £165 and first reg fee of £38...which just happens to total £760. :M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
virage1 said:
I think what has happend here is that they have forgot to is add all the "on the road costs"...more than coincidence that delivery fees etc are £557, road fund fee of £165 and first reg fee of £38...which just happens to total £760. :M5thumbs:
Ah thats what it is, as those charges are in another section. I didn't twig as I'm putting on a private plate and there is no registration fee on the paperwork so it didn't add up to the £760:)

I think these "delevery etc" charges have been seperated out, as this element could be offsetable as its a service not part of the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
JohnH said:
As I understand it it is not a keyless option as you still need the key just starts via a button rather than turning the key
Supposedly a 'keyless' option will be offered. Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever to make the starting process involve both a key and a button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Wolverine said:
Supposedly a 'keyless' option will be offered. Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever to make the starting process involve both a key and a button.
The 7 uses a key and button, the key is placed into a slot near the button. I'd guess thats what the 5 will move to not a normal turn key and button:)

Altho the TVR I had had a normal turn key and button start so its not unheard of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
HomerUK said:
I was checking the spec on the main production system and the salesman put in september build, under this options list was an new ISOFIX option. He said it was a new system in the front and would alow the isolation of the front airbag, like in the Audi's I'm guessing. As it was only available from September build my order failed untill we removed it as its production is before September.

I can get the option number if you need it and your car is post September build.

Sacha
The E90 3 Series has had that option from the beginning

Euro cars can opt for a front seat ISOFIX attachment and that then gives you a slot to deactivate the passenger airbag with the emergency key

USA cars dont get the slot but get a weight distrobution sensor (as opposed to just the normal weight sensor ) that can sense when a baby seat is put on the front seat ISOFIX


All 5 and 6 Series car get the E90 style key and start/stop button from september as standard.

Comfort access which allows you to open and start the car with the key in you pocket will be a option
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I have just spoken to my dealer, he told me that my car is hold back in munich due to transmission software upgrade. he said something about smoother shifts...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top