BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the for customer service in terms of shipping and order processing these guys get 10/10.

The product was sent off to Birds with the car for a few little mods.

Got a phone call the next day to say that one of the angel eye rings wasn't working. This was pinned down to a bad connection and was easily fixed i believe.(hadn't been tested or had come loose in transit?)

( I meantioned this to Umnitza but got no response)

Headlights looked good on collection and the sidelights and dipped beam look great, but the HIGH BEAM is very very poor, worse than my dad's old mondeo in colour and brightness.(and much much worse than the OEM unit).

Also one of the Units now has really bad condensation and obviously leaks somewhere.(passenger side on our rhd cars)

I raised these points with Matt? at Umnitza, and was told

1. "Just change out the light bulb in there"
2. "Use silicone sealant and a hair dryer"

I don't think this is what i'd expected for that much money, but since i'm in the UK i can't really post the lights back very easily as...
A. i have to pay the labour to switch out the lights again and
B. postage and stuff is bloody expensive back and forwards to the USA.

The car's going back to Birds tomorrow to have these bits and peices done.. and this will cost me a couple of hundred quid in labour no doubt.

On the whole I am pleased with the lights and how they look, but perhaps going forwards these things can be addressed on future units?

Just my thoughts.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hmm.. not good at all. It quite straight forward changing the light clusters in and out. Might be easier to get ya money back, and get a cheap set of xenon lights, and then go the CCFL route (which I'm looking at later on)..

pic from evilbeemer's aka dan's website.

Tin

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Saw David's lights at the meet yesterday and they did look nice :cool:

·
Banned
386 Posts
Im pleased with mine... I also get condensation, but I do all the work myself. So I'll be taking care of all those issues. all my lights work great.

·
Vendor
2,273 Posts
Thank you for the review.

CCFL is not easily inserted into the OEM lights, in fact, I think that light you posted is the first I've ever seen it. Nevertheless our brand of CCFL is very different and somewhat advanced from the norm.

Now, as far as angel eye not working - yes, these things do go overseas - as is the case here - and sometimes, the carriers aren't particularly careful no matter how well we package things.

As to the condensation, we've returned ALL the lights we purchased as we found out that EVERY single light has the condensation issue on the driver's side around the turn signal.

NO OTHER PROBLEM exists and this can easily be remedied with the smallest of lines of silicon through the area where you see the moisture - clear of course works best.

High beams are our color matched versions. They aren't designed for output nor should they be used for such. If you would like output, you only have to specify that you would rather use your own existing H7 bulbs - the high beam reflector is no different on these lights than it is on any others OEM or OE or otherwise.

The hair dryer approach is the same approach that we all use to remove unnecessary moisture FIRST before sealing anything up. Had this been an issue here in the contiguous states, we would have had you send back the light to be fixed. As it was, we provided the easiest and quickest solution for you.

We have been made aware of this issue only recently, and unfortunately for David have become adding the sealant ourselves prior to shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience, but will always help with any issue that comes up.

Hope you like them and like having them for a long time to come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts