BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all;

congratulations for this great forum.

I´m with a big problem in my 530d E39,I tried to upgrade the navigation software but something ran really badly.

I have a MK III navigation drive with V16 software on a 16:9 display , I tried to install the V31 software in order to update my system , everything ran fine till the end,but when the system reboot said this: "insert key CD or system 17".
now the display only shows this ,all the other functions works fine but the display shows this message all the time.
I think I need a key CD for this V31 version, I think this is because I had V17 prior version,I tried to search on the internet for this key but apears to be impossible to find it.

I´m very sad about this because I tried to improve my system with a new firmware,but instead I messed up.

I was on the bmw local dealer and they told me they don´t have any software discs to sell,only navigation cd maps.

I removed the GPS drive from the trunk to see if there is any reset button but I didn´t found it.
at the same time I tried to leave the drive disconnected from the car for about 2 hours to see if reset for it self,but once again didn´t result.

I know my gps MK III it´s good,but I can´t solve this situation,I don´t have any key to unlock the system,I think I have to buy a new gps drive,but they are very expensive.

I ask for someone to help me, I don´t know what to do, put this drive on the trash ,and buy a new one , or try to unlock this,but how can I do it?

any help please?

thanks very much,and sorry for my english.

regards

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think if you look around x5world.com, particularly in the navigation forum, you can find a key CD. Seems that non-Mk4 computers require this additional CD. Your dealer should be able to reload the S/W if you don't want to do it yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to find out any key cd here,but I think there´s none,I found some keys but I guess they only work on previous software versions,I tried to burn one or two CD but it does not work.

I also tried to return to my old soft version,but I dont know how to do this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unhappyly I tried the keys but it doesn´t work;I think they are for old versions not for the V31.:sad2:

I read here that someone have the V31 key,but I forgot the nick.

i´m very appreciated with your feedback,thank you.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
you need the spilt screen cd i ran into this issue a long time ago go to your dealer and ask them to load the spit screen cd that is the key the nav is looking for

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I go on the next 28may to bmw dealer,but I think they gone reload the very old V16 version that I had.
i´m trying to find a key just to skip the bmw service and to put the V31 working,i´m very sad about this crap I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts