BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im not new to the forum but new to posting. If this is the wrong spot or not allowed please correct me.

My problem, :crying

p0302 (cylinder 2 misfire)
p0304
p0307
p0308
p0310
p0300( multiple misfires detected).

11068 shut off cylinder 8
11073 shut off multiple cylinders
11095 engine emergency - intermittent
11075 misfire exhaust cylinder 2
11064(misfire shut off cylinder 4)
11067 idler adj initiation bank 1.

I replaced all 10 plugs, and the pre cat o2 sensors, after the install, I'm showing these codes. previously wasn't using this same code reader, previous reader showed the misfires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tough one.... believe me. Mine went into limp mode recently with a P0306 code followed by numerous cylinders reporting misfires at the Dealer. On initial analysis the problem was diagnosed as a broken valve spring. It's now been confirmed as a bent valve/weak valve springs. Decision time, as Indy is recommending replacement and upgrade of all valve springs, rod bearings rebore of cylinders, Vanos to resolve all issues and provide another 100k of problem free M5 driving. This of course assumes the crankshaft is fine and doesn't need replacement. A huge job but in the end will keep me in the M5 for years to come. The valve springs/Rod Bearings are known issues and essentially maintenance items at 80k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes, well keep me posted on how that goes. I hope thats not my problem. The car started going into limp mode occasionally, once restarted it was "fine". I was getting the 02 sensor code, since i replaced the o2's the other day, all plugs, now I'm still getting the misfires. Next step is to check for an air leak around my intakes to the throttle bodies, I'm assuming i can spray something around there at idle and hear a change in the rpms? also going to switch the ionic control modules and see if that changes anything.

If my MAFs were bad wouldn't the car throw a code associated with the sensors?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Not sure what kind of reader you got, but the 'codes' it produces beyond the Pxxxx codes are foreign to me. I highly recommend you get a proper reader, ideally ISTA/D Rheingold. Find somebody around who has it if not BMW or a good Indy. (BTW: Not Wayned's indy or all your valve springs will suddenly be bent :smile).

The issue that is happening in your car is "common to all cylinders". Examples are: fuel pressure, VANOS pressure, battery voltage, etc. to name a few. Examples that are not common are: Spark plugs (per cylinder), valve springs (per cylinder), I- or T-actuators (left/right bank), MAF sensors (left/right bank), ionics (left/right bank), etc. Multiple things don't go bad all together 'all of a sudden' (such as all valve springs).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts