BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you know i purchased a SPEC clutch for my M5. my dealer installed it and break in has just passed so.... i got on it. the clutch grabs great at 1st but once you redline then try to hit the next gear it slips. if you ease off the gas it'll grab. dealer told me i needed dinan software. i got the dinan software and the problem is still there. the tach needle bounces off the rev limiter until i ease off the gas, then the clutch will catch. if i try to downshift, same problem. called the dealer and told them... they say the M5 isn't for drag racing and no M5 clutch grabs the way i think mine should. they keep saying the clutch and the install are fine. someone please tell me whats going on here, or what the hell i should do. i'm very upset...

btw- i have a SPEC stage 3 clutch w/flywheel and light weight option.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
dbox said:
someone please tell me whats going on here, or what the hell i should do. i'm very upset...

btw- i have a SPEC stage 3 clutch w/flywheel and light weight option.
I thought Rob Levinson already answered your "am I screwed?" question on the other thread...

Rob Levinson said:
Clutch-wise, yes. The shockload forces on the pressure plate I referred to before are even more abrupt with the more aggressive material.

By the way, you already have experience with SAC failure. Your comments about the difference in pedal effort between the original bad clutch and your new clutch are specifically one of the symptoms of a SAC problem.

I suspect that if you keep that car, we'll be talking about your alternate options within a year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Teutonaddict said:
I thought Rob Levinson already answered your "am I screwed?" question on the other thread...
no problems for me anymore. i just traded the M5 for an 04 4.4i X5 :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts