BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem:whenever I download a video file from the internet, like the videos that are posted on this forum, and I want to view them I always get to see parts of them. It's not fluently at all, it's more like if you're watching pictures which are put closely behind each other. I already complained about this somewhere and I got the advice to install a more recent divx codec, which I did. The problem still isn't solved and it is really getting on my nerves. Can someone please help me out on this one or give me some good advice? Feel free to respond to this thread or contact me through a pm or e-mail if you can help me.

:cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
jos said:
Here's the problem:whenever I download a video file from the internet, like the videos that are posted on this forum, and I want to view them I always get to see parts of them. It's not fluently at all, it's more like if you're watching pictures which are put closely behind each other. I already complained about this somewhere and I got the advice to install a more recent divx codec, which I did. The problem still isn't solved and it is really getting on my nerves. Can someone please help me out on this one or give me some good advice? Feel free to respond to this thread or contact me through a pm or e-mail if you can help me.

:cheers:
What do you have the problem with, Real player, windows media player or Quicktime? Is it when you click on a link, or is it after you have downloaded the complete file?

If its a file thats in your computer, you can right click it and use 'open with' and try opening it with one of the other media players (i.e not the one the keeps jerking) see if that solves it.

You could also try downloading a newer version of one of these media players, that should solve it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

http://forms.real.com/netzip/intl/intl_getrde601.html?lang=en&h=software-dl.real.com&f=windows/mrkt/R30UKD/RealPlayer10-5GOLD.exe&p=RealPlayer&oem=rp10_en_uk&src=ZG.uk.idx,ZG.uk.rp.rp.hd.def,ZG.uk.rp10_p_f.rp10_p_f.760.rp10_plus_free&tagtype=ie&type=rp10_en_uk

Hope this is some help!

Anytime anyone has a problem with playing video files, no matter what the problem is, someone always says "get the divx codec" dunno why!!

Dyl.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using a recent update from Windows Media Player to view the files, and the problem occures both when I've saved the video onto my computer and when I've simply clicked on a link. I'll give your advice a try and let you know if it worked out or not. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've updated Windows Media Player and the problem still isn't solved. :grrrr: Can it have something to do with a recent virus I had on my computer, which deleted almost all the .dll files on my computer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts