BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just want to share some experience on my Brembo Front 8 Piston and Rear 4 Piston.
I took my car to the track. I stopped the car everytime after 3-4 laps. Total probably 10-12 laps.
After the session, everytime I brake, it makes very loud sound on the brake.

I checked to the dealer. The results, all the front pads (total 8 pcs) are cracking. Rear was okay. I'll post some pics.

Any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
thats awful. well i dont know if this is the same problem but my father has a porsche 997 turbo with the ceramic brakes which have been excessively squeaking like never before (which is normal but to a certain point). well i took it to the dealer for him who said that all of the brembo brakes were found to have a certain pin which wasn't lubricated right or was too long or something which would scratch the brakes and thats what was making the sound. they still haven't received the new ones yet but we are waiting for the dealer to call us so they can switch them immediately. dont know if that helped but good luck with yours.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you cooled down the brakes before pitting?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looking like you got a bad breaks installation job... Brembo BBK are the best breaks in the world!
not according to those pics...:confused2

·
Registered
239 Posts
How old was the Brembo pads, were they new to begin with? If so, return them to where you bought them, I am sure Brembo will honor the quality of their products.

Hi Guys,

Just want to share some experience on my Brembo Front 8 Piston and Rear 4 Piston.
I took my car to the track. I stopped the car everytime after 3-4 laps. Total probably 10-12 laps.
After the session, everytime I brake, it makes very loud sound on the brake.

I checked to the dealer. The results, all the front pads (total 8 pcs) are cracking. Rear was okay. I'll post some pics.

Any idea?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been using the brakes for almost 2 years with a very low mileage.
I'll try to contact Brembo.

Thanks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts