BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 M5. I have paired my phone with the onboard blue tooth but cannot get the phone book to upload.

Has anyone else had issues with the Nokia E70 phone and phone book upload?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 M5. I have paired my phone with the onboard blue tooth but cannot get the phone book to upload.

Has anyone else had issues with the Nokia E70 phone and phone book upload?
I have a centro and before that a treo and it will not grab from the contacts that are synced with my outlook. I need to save in the phone's phone book/speed dial and on the treo /i had to actually assign a speed dial location within the phone's, phone book, if that makes any sense or even applies to your phone...

So, if you have another location in your phone to save numbers, try that.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
But at least your E70 still be able to send/receive a call right? My N93 doesn't work at all, so I replaced with Blackberry Curve and it works like a champ.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I can pair the phone and send / receive works but i have no caller id or phone book. I have to manually select the contact from my phone when I want to call and press dial on the phone. Then the care takes over.

You coudl check to see if there is a Software update for the N70. I upgraded my E70. One warning tho, upgrading the software reflashed my phone and I have to reconfig the entire phone and download all contacts again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
...entire phone and download all contacts again.
Not sure if you caught my post above, but it sounds like you are downloading contacts from somwhere to you phone, I presume your e-mail program (i.e. Outlook)?

If so there is probably another location in your phone that you would use to manually input contacts if you did not download them from somewhere. Does not sync with that part of my phone (which is 3rd party goodlink e-mail software)...

Well, maybe not the case with your phone. Just trying to help incase you did not notice the post.

Maybe it is just time for a new phone. I picked up a sapphire black Palm Centro (Sprint) that matches my sapphire black M5 nicely when my Treo was stolen recently.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I caught your post. I switched phones to the E70 and just imported the numbers on the SIMM card to the phone so the issue isnt with outlook contacts. Its simply that the phone book wont upload to the vehicle via bluetooth. I contacted Nokia and they are looking into it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have the same issue with my N95. I think its just a compatibility issue. the phone works fine, just no phonebook in the idrive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts