BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Prices for 6 speeders hardening?

2527 Views 35 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  M5Wagon
Just had a quick look on Autotrader and the prices being *asked* seem to be firming up - and looking more favourable to current owners.

M5saloon looks to have got a good price for his on ebay as well.

I know that what's being asked in terms of price doesn't necessarily reflect what's paid, but what do you guys think? Are prices getting a bit stronger?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
663 Posts
Hi Rob

My eBay was a false bid as expected...

I've sold only one car on eBay in four different auctions - seems to me it only works if a genuine local buyer comes and deals outwith the auction - but obviously eBay is a good way to get the car seen, and i am kinda isolated way up here in Aberdeen so maybe eBay cars work better in more populated areas!

The highest bid for the M5 was £6k which is absolute nonsense, had several email offers of £7k+ but IMO still way too low - Munich Legends are advertising their two at £14k or thereabouts... I have a local guy trying to sort out finance at £8,500 so fingers crossed.

My view is that these cars would settle around £8k minimum for a decent, well-maintained one - just like the good older E28s make when they come up now and again.

Cheers,
David.

· Registered
663 Posts
AliveM5

Will check you PM now. You can check any running or closed eBay auction to see what happened by clicking on the 'bid history' button i think it's called, near the top, certainly once the auction is over it shows what everyone bid. in this case the guy says he put in a wrong amount, way too high - ok he shouldn't have done that but no major drama as i didn't expect it to meet the reserve which was £9,250...

Cheers,
David.

· Registered
663 Posts
What i like about eBay is the amount you can write - my listing took a couple hours to do but it avoided most stupid questions. Well if you don't count the ars*hole who offered to SELL me his Toyota 4runner that is... Some people... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
David.

· Registered
663 Posts
Holy sh*t £15k!! ouich

Defo a one-in-a-million buyer there i'd say, i'd have thought anything over ten was hitting the jackpot regardless of low mileage or condition!! For me £8500 was good enough, the car wasn't perfect and it went to a good home (hey Jim if you're reading!). Car cost me just over £2k in 10 months, it was an impulse buy to get a taste of the M5 experience, unfortunately it was just too old to run as my main car!

As Arnie says "i'll be back"...

Cheers,
David.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.