BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She'd done 123k when I sold her, had new EDC suspension all round, and still had 6 months BMW warranty. Priced it at £7500 for a quick sale and she went for the asking price within a week.

Now I just got to decide whether I buy a new bike or put a deposit on an Caterham R300 :7:

So it's bye bye for now but I'm bound to be back :byee55amg

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money on an R300, they are just a rebadged/remarketed version of the old entry level Superlight with 135bhp. Caterhams are over-priced and the enthusiasts keep it that way. Why pay £20k for a 5 year old, tracked car when for £21k you get a new one - other than the waiting period for getting one.

I'd put your money in to a big proportion of a Westfield, or a whole Sylva or such. Rob Plummer has a non-Caterham 7 and that's as quick as the R300.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm-Five said:
I wouldn't waste your money on an R300, they are just a rebadged/remarketed version of the old entry level Superlight with 135bhp. Caterhams are over-priced and the enthusiasts keep it that way. Why pay £20k for a 5 year old, tracked car when for £21k you get a new one - other than the waiting period for getting one.

I'd put your money in to a big proportion of a Westfield, or a whole Sylva or such. Rob Plummer has a non-Caterham 7 and that's as quick as the R300.
I can see quite a compelling case for buying a new Caterham for £21k, running it for 5 years and selling it for £20k! ;)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Tubbs said:
I can see quite a compelling case for buying a new Caterham for £21k, running it for 5 years and selling it for £20k! ;)
You just have to wait 2 years to get the thing in the first place :sad1:

How about http://www.bookatrack.com/-pC?1303

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tubbs said:
Now I just got to decide whether I buy a new bike or put a deposit on an Caterham R300 :7:
Do both...., but instead of getting the Caterham - you could buy my MegaBusa for £14K (See 'View My Car'), and get a bike with the change. BTW, then Busa has more than _double_ the PTW ratio of the R300.......

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Tubbs, good to hear you sold your motor, I take it the Autotrader add did the trick ?, I noticed you re-listed on ebay and then pulled it soon after.
There's a Caterham R400 for sale in Autosport just now - £15k, a better buy than the R300 for sure. There is also final evolution 1991 merc 190 German Touring Car for £31k being sold by Andy Rouse..... ex BTCC Meister.
All the best with your new toy.
Cheers,
Phil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts