BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a set of used OEM M5 wheels. Would like an extra set of wheels and tires for driving school. I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the market price for a set of used wheels?

2) Any down side to getting wheels that were "re-manufactured" by BMW (to take our curb rash, etc)?

Thanks in advance,

SJ_M5

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
sjfamily said:
1) What is the market price for a set of used wheels?

2) Any down side to getting wheels that were "re-manufactured" by BMW (to take our curb rash, etc)?
1) I sold my OE shadow chrome m5 wheels to another boardmember for $700 shipped. Two were perfect, and two had only the slightest curb rash (<1/4" x 1.5")

2) To my knowledge, there is no such thing as BMW Reman wheels--unlike clutches, for example. That seems to me to be too risky a business for them to be in. If someone's actually repairing factory original wheels, you can bet that it's not BMW who's doing it, but some independent outfit.

I'd buy used from a private party, and stay away from businesses making false claims.

-Dave

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I should have a full set of four REAR OEM wheels in 18x9.5 with Toyo RA1 track tires on them, just remounted and balanced, available for sale by later this week once my SSR Comp wheels get here.

Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What modifications are needed to run the REAR wheels on the front? Is this a better set up than stock for drivers school?

Redshift said:
I should have a full set of four REAR OEM wheels in 18x9.5 with Toyo RA1 track tires on them, just remounted and balanced, available for sale by later this week once my SSR Comp wheels get here.

Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
3mm spacers and 3mm longer lug bolts are all you need. I'd sell you mine but I use them for the street also. TireRack will sell them to you.

Yes, this will reduce the understeer caused by the factory setup. I really encourage you to at least get a camber plate setup in front to prevent nasty outside edge tire wear - you will spend a lot more on tires than the camber setup :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts