BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the last AMS (Auto Motor Sport) was the price for the new M6 listed with 106.500 €. Nothing mentioned what will be standard equipment.

Greetings

AM

·
Registered
94 Posts
mumbasic said:
Mine would be exactly 120.010 €. A little bit to high for a car which won´t be faster then a 997 S. The 997 S is 17.000 € cheaper!

Greetings

AM
Why wouldn't it be faster than a 997S? The M5 is faster than the 997S.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Carrera S reaches a top speed of 293 km/h (AMS issue Jan. 5th 2005). As for the M6, we have to wait for the first tests without speed limiter. But you can be sure he goes faster than 310 km/h.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autobahnraser said:
The Carrera S reaches a top speed of 293 km/h (AMS issue Jan. 5th 2005). As for the M6, we have to wait for the first tests without speed limiter. But you can be sure he goes faster than 310 km/h.
On straight line the M5 and M6 are both faster. But on Hockenheimring there is a big differences. Also on the Nürburgring the 997S ist faster then a M5 and I suppose the M6.

So why should I pay 120.000 € for a M6 when I can pay 130.000 € for a 997 turbo or only 100.000 € for a 997 S? Please think about the value of the cars after 3 years. Think about being a customer (one of hundred) of a Porsche center and being one of thousand customers of a BMW center. Think about the young guys driving a old 3-series with large wings on the trunk and neon lights under the car.

In my opinion the M6 is too expensive. I have heard that BMW center is suggesting not buying a M6 rather then to lease one. Then they have the possibility to give you some extra bonus.

Greetings

AM

·
Registered
457 Posts
mumbasic said:
On straight line the M5 and M6 are both faster. But on Hockenheimring there is a big differences. Also on the Nürburgring the 997S ist faster then a M5 and I suppose the M6.

So why should I pay 120.000 € for a M6 when I can pay 130.000 € for a 997 turbo or only 100.000 € for a 997 S? Please think about the value of the cars after 3 years. Think about being a customer (one of hundred) of a Porsche center and being one of thousand customers of a BMW center. Think about the young guys driving a old 3-series with large wings on the trunk and neon lights under the car.

In my opinion the M6 is too expensive. I have heard that BMW center is suggesting not buying a M6 rather then to lease one. Then they have the possibility to give you some extra bonus.

Greetings

AM
I'm not interested to dispute about what is the better car, Carrera S or M6; they are two different classes and I like them both! I need a most sporty coupe for daily use with a "real" trunk and that's the reason why I am going for the M6. You are right, the Carrera S is 1,626 s faster than the M5 on the Nürburgring (Power Car Test). As for M6, we shall see. I agree that Porsche is more exclusive than BMW, but BMW M is something different. I am not really interested in the value of the M6; I buy the car because it's best for me and I intend to drive it for some years.

Regards

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Autobahnraser said:
I'm not interested to dispute about what is the better car, Carrera S or M6; they are two different classes and I like them both! I need a most sporty coupe for daily use with a "real" trunk and that's the reason why I am going for the M6. You are right, the Carrera S is 1,626 s faster than the M5 on the Nürburgring (Power Car Test). As for M6, we shall see. I agree that Porsche is more exclusive than BMW, but BMW M is something different. I am not really interested in the value of the M6; I buy the car because it's best for me and I intend to drive it for some years.

Regards
Sorry, didn´t know that you have ordered one. Also, I didn´t want to make the M6 a bad car, just some performance and value facts.

Greetings

AM

·
Registered
457 Posts
mumbasic said:
Sorry, didn´t know that you have ordered one. Also, I didn´t want to make the M6 a bad car, just some performance and value facts.

Greetings

AM
Never mind. It's a shame that Porsche doesn't offer some kind of sport coupe. Something that looks like the old 928 S4 but with a "normal-sized" trunk (maybe ~350l). I'd really like to see such a car!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Autobahnraser said:
Never mind. It's a shame that Porsche doesn't offer some kind of sport coupe. Something that looks like the old 928 S4 but with a "normal-sized" trunk (maybe ~350l). I'd really like to see such a car!
Yes, that would be mine car. I have the same problem as you. A 997 is too small. I hate to put my sporting goods on the seats.
Masearti is to exotic for my business. MB SL 55 AMG has only two seats and I have two children. So I´m choosing between M6, 997 S or a 997 turbo. I had a 996 turbo, and the performance is from another planet. The 997 S has even a better performance (not on a highway), the M6 has a good engine and a lot of room.

I want first to test drive the M6.

Greetings

AM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts