BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much you guys get charged for this....only reason I ask is because I just relocated to UT and this is my first service I had an Indy at home I trusted but no one out here I know. Thanks in advance

Oh and spark plug change as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
641 Posts
I recall paying about $150 for a brake fluid flush when I've needed it ahead of a track day.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My m5 *just* went into the dealer last week for the brake fluid change. Cost me $213 at the dealer for the maintenance. They also filled up the windshield washer fluid, free of change! haha

·
Registered
759 Posts
There is another thread about spark plugs asking if $800 is about right, broken as $300 parts and $500 labor. Most said yes (from dealer) but some said more, maybe $1,100. BTW, brake fluid is every two years per CBS and spark plugs are not monitored in CBS, but booklet says 37,000 miles.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I paid $450 for the new plugs and $112 for brake fluid change at my indy. There really is no point changing the plugs before the recommended 37k mileage. I swapped mine out at 42k. The old ones were pretty worn, but they still performed very well. New plugs made absolutely no difference in performance.

BTW, BMW recommends brake fluid change at every 3rd oil change, which is 45k miles or 4 years. You really don't need to do it any earlier than that unless you see moisture in the reservoir or track your car on a regular basis.

·
Registered
362 Posts
BTW, BMW recommends brake fluid change at every 3rd oil change, which is 45k miles or 4 years. You really don't need to do it any earlier than that unless you see moisture in the reservoir or track your car on a regular basis.
Incorrect. Brake fluid is due every two years and is not tied in any way to the oil services. You might be thinking of air filters, and spark plugs on most models which are connected to the 3rd oil change.

·
Registered
386 Posts
5. OIL/FILTER CHANGE WITH SYNTHETIC MOTOR
OIL $200.00

6. CUSTOMER REQUEST PERFORM BI-ANNUAL
BRAKE FLUID FLU SH $134.95

From my BMW Dealer invoice a few weeks ago

·
Registered
204 Posts
The nice part about having the dealer do the services is I can just drop it off, they give me a loaner 3-series or x3 (my choice most of the time), take care of everything and are super professional about everything. Getting the loaner car is great as it always takes at least a day or two for them to do anything.

·
Registered
759 Posts
You might be thinking of air filters, and spark plugs on most models which are connected to the 3rd oil change.
Quoted from 2009 Service and Warranty Information:

Brake Fluid - Every two years
Spark Plugs - 37,000 miles

Engine Air Filters - every 3rd oil change
SMG Gear Oil/Differential Fluid -- 1st and every 3rd oil change

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts