Body in excellent shape
One Owner
Over all in excellent shape.

Asking price is 58k.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I think $55 would be a decent price for this car based on the market...at least on the East coast. Many will say you can do better, but that's not generally what I've seen. I have found that the red cars sit on the lot for a lot longer so you might get them down more.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Tim W said:
Guys................

Any feedback on the pricing on this?

02 Imola Red (my favorite)
Imola/Black interior (my favorite)
Titanium trim (you guessed it)
No PDC
No Shades
Good tires
Curbage on one right rear rim
19k miles
Body in excellent shape
One Owner
Over all in excellent shape.

Asking price is 58k.

What are your thoughts?
What is the Service History on this '02 M5?

... and ...

WHERE (Which dealership) has this M5 been serviced?

Does the car have M-Audio? How about Fold down rear seats?

Any performance mods? (Doesn't really sound like it.)

Is this a P.P. transaction or would the car be BMW Dealership CPO'd?

IMHO ... You should do whatever it you can to make sure that you get this M5 CPO and have the 6yr/100K mile BMW warranty. NOT some aftermarket warranty company that tend to get on you on the "Fine Print!"

It sounds like you really like the way this car looks and that's 80% of it. You need to feel right in the car. In the End ... I wouldn't let a "Couple of Grand" make me lose this car IF it's the car I wanted!! :flag:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eddie:

THat is one HECK of a sig you have there ;)

**East Coast car. No chips or paint which is good.

**Yes and Yes

**Unfortunatly not. I want Exhaust, SSK, Suspension, CAI etc :)

**Dealer transaction but not a BMW dealer. I winder what a CPO costs.

IMHO ... You should do whatever it you can to make sure that you get this M5 CPO and have the 6yr/100K mile BMW warranty. NOT some aftermarket warranty company that tend to get on you on the "Fine Print!"
**Agreed

It sounds like you really like the way this car looks and that's 80% of it. You need to feel right in the car. In the End ... I wouldn't let a "Couple of Grand" make me lose this car IF it's the car I wanted!!
**I agree. Just checking as it has been a while since I had a M5.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Seems high to me. That said, if this the exact color combination you want and is in excellent shape, possibly $55K is acceptable. I agree with the above regarding CPO/BMW extended warranty. The price is high enough to include it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Is there a way to check out which east coast dealership the car was serviced at?

If the car serviced ... at what times and mileage ... what other little things or BIG things were done to this car? It's truly the only way to find out is by talking to the dealership that did the work.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning on calling them Monday to check it out.

I have a few friends at the local dealer that can pull all the service reports for me (helps to have owned 14 other BMW's).

So Kevin, 55 is high? Good to know.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Tim W said:
I was planning on calling them Monday to check it out.

I have a few friends at the local dealer that can pull all the service reports for me (helps to have owned 14 other BMW's).

So Kevin, 55 is high? Good to know.
As one point of reference, I bought my '02 one-owner car in excellent condition with 21,000 miles on the clock, with CPO for $53000 in December. I met the owner at this board. His lease was comming up and offered to "flip" the car to me for a nominal fee. (The 3 yr lease buyouts on '02s are running $47-49K). The previous owner has a good relationship with his BMW dealer so he was able to get them to CPO it and sell it to me for the lease buyout, the cost of the CPO ($1200) and $1000 fee to the dealer (for paper-work, the CPO inpection, etc = dealer profit).

Currently I think of a good deal on a < 30K mile '02 is in the low to mid 50s, with a warranty.

Good luck, tell us how it turns out!

·
Registered
439 Posts
no cpo 52k. it has to be at a bmw dealer to get the cpo. if you post the vin , someone on here can check the manheim listings to see if it was an auction car and how much they paid for it. chances are they paid 47-51k for it if it went to auction .

ray

·
Registered
147 Posts
seems high to me to. If you look long enough, there are deals out there for M5's that have not been abused.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
What is the Service History on this '02 M5?

... and ...

It sounds like you really like the way this car looks and that's 80% of it. You need to feel right in the car. In the End ... I wouldn't let a "Couple of Grand" make me lose this car IF it's the car I wanted!! :flag:
Hey GR8...

SIXTY ONE lines of 'stuff' in the signature???? that's some kind or record. I thought it was another post...

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I picked up an 03 with 16k (shades, M audio and PDC) for $57 six months ago. Another member just got an 03 with 6k for $58k - and that with a cpo.

I take off $7k or so per model year. Maybe 2k for no options.

While I agree that a few k isn'tworth killing the deal, 5-8k is....

·
Registered
147 Posts
A one owner silver/black 02 with 9k miles, CPO, that was perfect in every way sold two weeks ago at a BMW dealer in St. Louis. I had been looking at it before, but missed out on the deal because I had to sell my car first. I asked the salesman what it went for as a guide, and he said that it went for low 50's.

However, a black/black one with 22k miles that was in similar condition with a CPO, went for about 54k at a BMW dealer in Springfield and he had people lined up to pay it. I was campaining heavily to get the price down some, but the owner of the dealership wasn't having it. He had gone through an auction and found a M5 of similar condition as the black and black on that I was looking for and it brought $50,500.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That price seems a little high for an east coast car. I picked up my CPO '03 carbon black with PDC, M audio and full leather with 36,500 mi for $52k last month.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Tim,

I don't think I have much to add here other than if that was an 03 with a CPO then the price would be about right for a perfect car. I like the color combo myself, but I have heard (and seen) that Imola with the Imola sport interior is a very difficult car to resale...just an fyi/bargaining tool.

Since it's an 02 with no CPO, 50-52 seems about right to me.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts