BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was just one of those days. Me and the wife woke up and decided to take a road trip up from Deagu South Korea to Osan South Korea for a bit of shopping. The weather was amazing, clear skys, low traffic, dry roads. Basically a perfect day for a road trip for some pointless shopping.

About 121KM into the trip it all went wrong. Here in Korea they have amazing freeways. Limited access with 8 lanes. I was in the far left lane doiing 100KPH. Oddly enough I was not speeding. Suddenly the car in front of me slammed on his brakes. due to a ramdom dog on the freeway. I of course come to a stop and then from behind some jackass that was tailgating or not paying attention slams into the *** end of Ginger at 60KPH.

After the Expressway patrol shows up and moves us off the highway the National Police show up and through the language barrier I discover that the Korean that assended me had no insurance and he was 100% liable. So now I have a pretty rare 1992 Nurimburing 3.8L Eurospec 1 of 35 for that year that is going to be recycled into toasters. I am so broken hearted of this damn car has been my favorite vehicle ever.

here are some pics

Shot at 2011-02-20

Shot at 2011-02-20

Shot at 2011-02-20

Shot at 2011-02-20

·
Registered
790 Posts
wow,,,,, too bad.... could be a lot worse if you guys got hurt, the car, for more that we like it, is a car.... our life is unique in all senses....

·
Registered
1995 BMW M5 Touring Individual Orinoco over Petrol Mint
617 Posts
That's terrible news, on the bright side the car did its job and kept you safe, it seems that everyone is ok?
Also, lots of parts can be reused on another car.

On a more technical note, were you able to turn on your hazard lights or did it all happen too fast?

·
Registered
252 Posts
condolences for your car. Is this the one on youtube with a video of your eisenmann race pulling into a parking spot? Also, even though its totaled, you could still take that 3.8 out of it and give birth to another e34...shame that some people just don't know how to drive.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
That is terrible, great that Ginger took care of you and your wife! Hope you get a decent resolve without too much heartache
Good luck

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
A disaster :( so sorry.

Some tool in a skoda very nearly totalled my E34 today. I think I might of killed him if he had actually hit me and we had both survived. Glad you are both ok.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
A disaster :( so sorry.

Some tool in a skoda very nearly totalled my E34 today. I think I might of killed him if he had actually hit me and we had both survived. Glad you are both ok.
I think any like minded e34 owner would do exactly that! I know I would after all the effort gone in lately! Especially yours Dan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys thanks for the condolences. As it is right now. I am thinking the chassis is completely bent. I have a big wringle in the roof over the b Pillar. so that mean the whole sub frame is done.

Manual yes i did have the flashers on before hit me. Koreans use the damn things so much. Anymore when i come to an abupt halt I just down shift, flahsers brake lol.

the only thing on this car that will go to the crusher is the body/chassis, I will shell the whole thing. It is a full EDC 3.8L. I think I will crate up the motor and ship it back to the states along with the engine loom and engine management bit and pieces. I am seeing a e30 S38B38 in my future.

Johnnny yes that is my car on youtube puling in the parking spot.

No worries though I wont let any of the items everyone else needs so badly we cant get anymore get junked.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so since the car is done i will be crating up the engine shipping it to my famliy in the states so when i get back i can find an e30 M3 to put it in. I figured what the hell

·
Registered
388 Posts
What a real shame and quote what others have said about your safety comes first.

I'd put the engine in an E30 Touring rather than spoil an M3, but i am biased!

·
Registered
1995 BMW M5 Touring Individual Orinoco over Petrol Mint
617 Posts
Manuel yes i did have the flashers on before hit me. Koreans use the damn things so much. Anymore when i come to an abupt halt I just down shift, flahsers brake lol.
It's nice you did that, it definitely cannot hurt anything. I don't notice many people doing that in the US.
Actually they don't do much about active safety actions in general.
I love engine braking on our cars.

the only thing on this car that will go to the crusher is the body/chassis, I will shell the whole thing. It is a full EDC 3.8L. I think I will crate up the motor and ship it back to the states along with the engine loom and engine management bit and pieces. I am seeing a e30 S38B38 in my future.
That'll work! Or you can convert a blown 3.6.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So sorry to hear about your car! I very nearly had mine totaled after hitting a deer recently, so I can begin to imagine what you're going through. Glad to hear you've got plans for the engine and running gear.

:crying:

·
Registered
821 Posts
So sad about the car, so glad you're alive to tell the story.

Send back all sorts of stuff. It was a 93 right, so you have the motorsport door handles....among other goodies. Did you have by any chance the driver's side glove box?

There is one E30M3 touring here in Austin, but I think it has an S52 in it. Sayther has a red one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By tomorrow I will be posting if I am parting. I am not sure how shipping will work due to me being stationed in south Korea but I won't let the needed pieces we can't reLly find anymore go to waste. I know for example that some needs the EEC struts front and rear. They don't leak.

No worries I won't let anything I can go to waste

1 - 20 of 37 Posts