BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure Miesterschaft GT2 with res and cat delete is the best sounding exhaust-Am I wrong? I have heard pretty much all of them the only one that may be better is the Kriessig which I have yet to hear. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hmm i'll be the first to chime in. i've heard many many different setups and would have to say the meister gt2 with res and cat delete is pretty raw. Super loud of course if that's what you like. I personally love it and think my system is already pretty loud if you get on it. Can't image DD anything else louder..

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that I am going deaf. It really does not seem too loud to me. But I have had a lot of crazy cars with crazier exhaust set ups. Last car I just sold was a fully modded NSX with a Taitec Gt009 exhaust with Comptech headers. That was actually louder than the m6. Heres a quick link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJXx0EgXQA&list=UUCbjoEeaYl6QIAQfBMPd27Q

However M6 with Headers I think = Gameover!!

Saw one once and I swear I heard it for about give minutes after it passed..lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
But is it still better @ $3800 for a sec 3?

·
2,149 Posts
Too loud and drones too much for me.. It does sound good at times, but with sec and resonator delete, too much rasp for my liking, not a clean exhaust note.
The drone and vibration really rattles the interior of the car apart lol.
Mufflers alone sound best.. Anything changed or delete after that usually doesnt sound good to me and is too loud.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What would be louder, resonator + secondary cat delete with Meisterschaft GT or GT2?

T

·
0 Posts
Pretty sure Miesterschaft GT2 with res and cat delete is the best sounding exhaust-Am I wrong? I have heard pretty much all of them the only one that may be better is the Kriessig which I have yet to hear. What do you guys think?

My Kreissieg I had was the best I have heard. It was a race spec build and I had gutted primaries as well. I lost way to much back pressure though. :-/

I still have these targa trophy mufflers if you want them ;-).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Eisenmann still sounds better IMO and I've heard both setups in person. I was at mfest last year and I got offered the price for a GT2 section 3 setup for less than $1800 new if I ran one of their big stickers on the back of my car and with an mfest discount.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Loud and pleasant sounding are 2 different things. IF you want pitch perfect and other than Kreissieg which is overpriced, it is hard to top Eisenmann Race. Miesterschaft is louder sure but it is imitation of the original which is Eisenmann Race (Research origins of Miesterschaft to understand). The best sound i ever had in terms of pitch perfect sound of V10 was Eisenmann Race Sect 3.

Reactions: Killer-Bimmer

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Exhaust notes are all subjective. To each his/her own.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got mine used for much much cheaper if you look around and buy smart there no reason to spend anything close to that. Plus you can buy it brand new from Vivid Racing for 2650 shipped.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have heard Miesterschaft and Eisenmann and I personally prefer Miesterschaft. Miesterschaft has very little drone as well. I am not sure if people commenting have actually had it on their car.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just got rid of my eisenmann race, reordered and got the eisenmann sport. My set up is cat delete,non resonated xpipe. No drone and it's the best exhaust you can get out there. Prior to that I had supersprint sports and it droned pretty much.
Can't beat eisenmann

·
Registered
779 Posts
^ Um cause it sounds amazing? Duh

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
So does spending less than 200 bucks on muffler delete...
Although from a price stand point it does make sense to go with a muffler delete I agree, but if you have heard the quality section 3s in person you will hear the sound difference. I prefer a quality setup like Eisenmann race for example compared to a muffler delete it sounds much more refined.

Muffler delete is a good bang for the buck but it doesn't hold up against real exhaust setups.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Although from a price stand point it does make sense to go with a muffler delete I agree, but if you have heard the quality section 3s in person you will hear the sound difference. I prefer a quality setup like Eisenmann race for example compared to a muffler delete it sounds much more refined.

Muffler delete is a good bang for the buck but it doesn't hold up against real exhaust setups.

I can't argue that point. Id like to hear some of these setups. If the noise from them is 2k+ worth of sexiness, I'll be a monkeys uncle!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts