BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all you ///M 5ers,

After just over a week, the alloy wheels have come back from Prestige Alloys (UK) and what a transformation:goldcup:.

I am just in from the garage spending a good hour+ coating them with wheel wax and giving them a thorough checking. The photos were taken in my garage on a dark cold wet and windy night in Northern Scotland, and they don't really do the work justice, but I hope you all get the idea. The colour is darker than the original finish, but I feel sets the wheels off very well.

I shall let the pics speak for themselves, but for the £480 charged (door to door) which also included welding and machining (as the potholes had really munched them), they look resplendent!! Just waiting on BF Goodrich braided brake lines to turn up, so I can get them done then wheels will be back on.

These chaps certainly get my vote!

Time for a beer now!cherrsagai

Martin.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
They were well munched before!!! Looking really good now though, bet you're well happy with them :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
The finish on those looks excellent, particularly given the state of them beforehand. I will also be bucking the Rimfurbish trend as it's a bit of a schlep

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lovely, any pics on the car ?
I too will be bypassing rimstock as there appears to be a drop in quality.

Gervase

·
Registered
524 Posts
So Hakon, where will you be taking yours? I've just dropped mine off today, will report back in a week when i see the results

·
Registered
347 Posts
Robo, not really there yet on the wheels as I have a clicking coming from under the car when pulling away, cv joint perhaps plus aweeping diff. Going to get phil to have a look in the next month or so.
Also I need a loan set of wheels or somewhere to store the car on stands whilst the rims are off, so it's a bit of a pain.
Did you send yours to rimstock ? ( to be honest I'm not to fussed who does them, it's the logisitcs thats stopping me )

Gervase

·
Registered
524 Posts
No, Rimstock's a bit far from north London tbh. I took them down to Diamond Styling, just outside of Sevenoaks. Was pretty impressed with some of their previous efforts that I've seen and I talked it all through with the guy (and through Tiauguinho's very helpful thread) and feel reasonably confident i'll get good results. I've gone for a slightly "moodier" than factory finnish, but not nearly as dark as Marto's. If anyone has any bad experiences of Diamond Styling please don't share them with me, at least not until I've got mine back. Fingers crossed

I left the car with them as i don't (yet) have a spare set of rims

·
Registered
347 Posts
Look forward to seeing the results, they have the car for a week ?
Price wise, are they comparable to rimstock ?

Gervase

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yup, for the whole week. £400 all in to include new genuine centre caps and badges from Cooper Sevenoaks across the street, so a bit more expensive but more convenient

·
Registered
597 Posts
No, Rimstock's a bit far from north London tbh. I took them down to Diamond Styling, just outside of Sevenoaks. Was pretty impressed with some of their previous efforts that I've seen and I talked it all through with the guy (and through Tiauguinho's very helpful thread) and feel reasonably confident i'll get good results. I've gone for a slightly "moodier" than factory finnish, but not nearly as dark as Marto's. If anyone has any bad experiences of Diamond Styling please don't share them with me, at least not until I've got mine back. Fingers crossed

I left the car with them as i don't (yet) have a spare set of rims
I've used Diamond Styling before , they did my M3 wheels to a polished finish, very very pleased with the results but it was 3yrs ago. Please could you post some pics when you get the car back as i've been wanting to get my M5 wheels refurbed for ages but the logistics with Rimfurbish is too much hassle. I also want mine a bit darker than they they are at the moment but not as dark as the pic's on this thread.

Simon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do. The car will be at my mechanic's later this week for other work, but when I get it back (and give it a good clean, as it's been in my garage for 3 weeks up on axle stands) I will post up pics.
On 1st looks tho, they do look the part, and a noticably darker finish than the original, but I think it suits it well.
Stand by and pics up early next week.
Cheers
Marto

·
Registered
524 Posts
Simon, you're right, i'm a noob so can't pm yet. I'm picking it up first thing Saturday. Could hang around a bit and meet you there if you want (will have some sealing to do anyway) - pm me your email

1 - 20 of 23 Posts