BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about a month ago on how my 2010 M5's stereo sounded so weak in comparison to my 2008. Both have enhanced premium sound or whatever they call it... the DIRAC system. I had the cars at the same time and went from one car to the other with the same CD and there is perhaps half the amount of bass in the 2010 as there was in the 2008.

I took the car in to get serviced and asked for them to check it out. Of course, they came back and said everything is fine. I believe that there are subs underneath the front seats?? is there any way to test and see if they are working? Are there any other subs in the car?

I was 100% happy with the system in my 2008 - just want the same in my 2010. Not interested in added anything aftermarket. Just want to truly troubleshoot the system and make sure everything if working correctly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
they are underneath the front seats...put the seats all of the way foward and you will see the covers clearly...you can unbolt seats (but DO NOT UNPLUG...the airbag sensor will need reset) if you want to see them directly

·
Registered
932 Posts
Try turning off surround sound in the options menu to stereo. My buddy has a m3 w/ standard and i have noticed the differences of less base between the dirac and non dirac system. The stereo settings seems to bring back a fair amount of bass

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed this problem too. There just isn't enough bass PERIOD. Even when playing heavy bass songs, you can barely hear or feel a thing, it's quite disappointing:Thumbdown:. My question/concern is: Is there any way to increase the bass to get it to a normal stock level, or something satisfying, or are new subs and the whole sound system tune required?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts