BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-----EDIT ----
For potential buyers, the airbag is a dual stage airbag with the key connector.
----
Hi, I'm looking to sell my pre-facelift M5 steering wheel.
Previous owner included in sale, I leatherique-d it. If the buyer wants it, I can Gyeon leather coat it.

Reason for sale: no longer needed. Time to sell some spare parts to change my clutch/flywheel. Finally I will be able to get M5Jed's dual mass flywheel.
Input device Peripheral Motor vehicle Gadget Audio equipment

Automotive tire Steering part Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle

Not sure how much it will be for shipping this but we can figure it out

The pictures are a bit old as I took it right after I leatheriqued it. It has been wrapped in an airtight bag since.
I will add some new pictures.

Sale price: $300 + shipping. Negotiable. Shoot me a pm.
Local: Long Island, NY.

If the price is too high. Just let me know. I don't know how much these really go for. I had to search on ebay and the cheapest was like 300 for the tri stitching OE. And the leather, button was not at all clean.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assume no airbag included? People interested would want to know that up front..

Curious, what is "Gyeon" leather coating?
Airbag is included! No reason for me to just keep these old airbags.
Does including the airbag change the deal somehow? You're not the first one to ask about the airbags lol.

As for the Gyeon Leather Coating, it's something that I have been using for over 6 years now.
I leatheriqued the whole car four times. And it was a pain in the a.. and I wanted to keep the car clean. I usually put these on either on a very clean leather or new car leather. It prevents contamination on the leather to a certain degree. Even after contamination, the contaminant is easily removed with leather cleaners.

Overall just a good product that eases the maintenance process. Doesn't leave the leather shiny unless it was applied on dirty leather. Final product is usually a bit satin finish. No flaking, no nothing!

Cheers,
Gabe

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Damn, Ceramic coating for your interior leather now too?! Nuts! Do you need to apply it with your index finger flexed exactly like this for some reason? LOL

About the airbag: These are usually high dollar items and rarely come with the steering wheel. In the E46 world this was imperative when wanting to swap from the older square style wheel to the newer round one as the old one had a square airbag and could not be swapped into the new one as it had the round airbag. Not sure if there is any difference in the M5 going between the pre-facelift to post facelift airbags (or why you would want to swap for a pre-face steering wheel if you had the facelifted one). But that is where my comment was coming from. This could also fit earlier normal E39's that had the square airbag, so would be a sellable item to them too I believe, and that is where the airbag included really counts and can add $. See what ebay currently has for prices with or without airbag to get a reference..

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, Ceramic coating for your interior leather now too?! Nuts! Do you need to apply it with your index finger flexed exactly like this for some reason? LOL

About the airbag: These are usually high dollar items and rarely come with the steering wheel. In the E46 world this was imperative when wanting to swap from the older square style wheel to the newer round one as the old one had a square airbag and could not be swapped into the new one as it had the round airbag. Not sure if there is any difference in the M5 going between the pre-facelift to post facelift airbags (or why you would want to swap for a pre-face steering wheel if you had the facelifted one). But that is where my comment was coming from. This could also fit earlier normal E39's that had the square airbag, so would be a sellable item to them too I believe, and that is where the airbag included really counts and can add $. See what ebay currently has for prices with or without airbag to get a reference..

LMAO the finger. Come to think of it, I do my with my pinky up! 🤣
It looks really shiny in the videos and pictures, but the end product is really nice and matte. Here is a picture of my passenger seat.
Car seat cover Steering part Car Vehicle Comfort

It's not really under good lighting, but you get the idea.
It may look like a waste of money as you don't really see the effects until you see some section of uncoated (missed) sections on the leather. lol

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Looks really good on your passenger seat, nice Matte finish as you said. I leatherique the sh*t out of my car every year, but nothing else.. just pristine clean and leather reconditoner. Stuff is amazing and has the smell of god's leather shop.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks really good on your passenger seat, nice Matte finish as you said. I leatherique the sh*t out of my car every year, but nothing else.. just pristine clean and leather reconditoner. Stuff is amazing and has the smell of god's leather shop.
YEAHH. The smell is the good part. But walking back and forth with a bucket full of water multiple times on a hot sunny day is not pleasant 😂 😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man, I'm pret keen on this but would need you to give me an idea on what dimensions and weight the wheel would be packed and ready to go. I'll do some freight estimates with UPS and USPS and see if it works out?

Also, what's your price without the airbag? I would love to have it but it just can't be sent by airfreight that way internationally so let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man, I'm pret keen on this but would need you to give me an idea on what dimensions and weight the wheel would be packed and ready to go. I'll do some freight estimates with UPS and USPS and see if it works out?

Also, what's your price without the airbag? I would love to have it but it just can't be sent by airfreight that way internationally so let me know, thanks.
Hey, sorry I'm a little late.
Sent you a PM!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts